photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


5.26.2016

camp gladiator | week one


well. 
it hurts to walk.
it hurts to bend over.
it hurts to laugh.
.. roll over.
..breathe.
basically it hurts to live right now.  
week one of camp gladiator and I'm so motivated to keep going and push through the p a i n of my sore muscles!  I'm doing the total transformation program, which not only includes the daily work outs but also 'InBody' testing.  I went in for the test last week and it basically gave me the goals I needed to work towards for the next four weeks!  I was also WAY impressed with how accurate my FitBit was in calculating my basal metabolic rate (basically, the amount of calories I need to keep my body healthfully working). 
I am sharing all this as a way to keep myself accountable.. basically force myself into getting fit and keeping up with these workouts at least to the end of Camp at 4 weeks.  I didn't get into this with the idea to lose weight or feel like I need to be thinner, but really with the mentality that I want to get FIT.  tone.  gain muscle.  and for the love of Pete, y'all.  I want to bring my abs back to their original pre-baby state.  I never really started back to exercising regularly after the twins were born, and then in my second pregnancy with Baker I was as big and stretched out as I was with the twins.  we've been walking about 4-6 miles in the evenings most days of the week over the last 3 months, and I've noticed a huge change in the 'pooch',  but I'm looking to gain muscle now.

here are my stats at the start of Camp.
Week ONE
total weight: 124.1lbs (11am in the morning after breakfast and coffee)
total body water: 71.2lbs
dry lean mass: 25.8 lbs
body fat mass: 27.1 lbs
total lean body mass: 97.0 lbs
skeletal muscle mass: 53.1 lbs
BMI: 19.4 
21.8% body fat

based on all these stats, I need about 1321 calories/day without working out.  on the days I work out (which I'm shooting for 4-5 days a week) I'll add about 500-600 calories to that number.
SO- where do I want to be at the end of 4 weeks?

4 week goals
increase lean body mass 
gain 3.7 pounds of body fat mass
gain 6.2 pounds of lean body mass

there you have it.  I will say that I am LOVING camp gladiator so far!  working out with a great group of people (men and women) at 5am has been just so much fun!  more fun than one would expect.. there are other camps I can attend, but the 5am is the most feasible for my schedule right now:)  

I earn points for ever day I 'check in' and also for having my friends sign up!  these points go towards other camps and camp gladiator gear (like workout mats and t-shirts) so if you decide you want to try it, you can use my email (ambermariemassey@gmail.com) to let them know where you heard about it- thats my own little plug for CG.  I'm at the end of week one and really impressed already with how easy it is to get up and get going and how good I feel after workout- even if I want to puke in the middle of it!  

camp gladiator has no idea who I am- I'm just really excited about the workout journey I've started.  Its been awhile, and it feels good to be back into being more active.


6 comments:

Kristina said...

CG was a part of my field day today and provided an obstacle course that the kids really enjoyed. The CG staff has been telling me about their total body transformation program and it sounds great. Ben and I already do a Beachbody work out together that we love but I'd like to see what their program is like. I'm happy that you're enjoying it! I'm sure you'll get some great results.

Stephanie said...

Ok. So If camp starts at 5am? what time do you get up? I'm wanting to get into a workout routine once we get settled after our move. But I have to get the kids to school at 7:30 and me to work at 8. I'm not sure 4am is going to work for me. Ah!

Amber Massey said...

The camp in my area is literally 3 minutes from my house! I get up about 430-445, get dressed, eat and head out! My girlfriend doing it with me sounds like she's in your shoes, and she has plenty of time bc she's home by 605-610 in the morning and get her kiddos off at 730, too!

Brittney Hjelseth said...

elephant with it's butt in the air... that's me!

Lavakels said...

Awesome! I'm excited for you and your progress! My results have been way slower since having my 3rd but it's so good to get to the gym and work hard for your body!

Kelly Smith said...

You have totally inspired me! I started a new work out routine on Sunday, and I'm going to commit to thirty days! Thanks for posting about this! I'm looking forward to hear about your progress and plans after boot camp! Go girl!!

Pin It button on image hover