photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


5.20.2015

31 Weeks

banner / little dovie 
maxi dress c/o motherhood maternity
How far along? 31 weeks + 2 days
Total weight gain: 17+ pounds
Maternity clothes? You bet ya.  I have fully embraced maternity clothes after attempting my favorite pair of non-maternity white jeans.. with this whole hair-tie trick some of you prig ladies are fortunate to do.  That was a trick in itself.. and a hard belly laugh - literally.   As I was wiggling into them, Jolie looked me dead in the face and said 'mama- you belly big' Yes, Jolie.  Thank you.  The hair-tie trick ended about 10 weeks ago for me, so it seems. ALSO- My all time favorite maternity tanks/tees (here + here + here) are on super sale at Gap (I got the email this morning!) I have just about every color, and I wore them through to the end of my twin pregnancy,  post-pregnancy, and as nursing tanks (they hold their shape really well.. and then continued to wear them post nursing for layering. So.. in 3 years since being pregnant with the twins, these were never put away:)  Also, this dress.  I'm all over it - I foresee it to be great post-baby, too.
Sleep: This week I have started to have more trouble finding comfort when sitting/laying.  I start to get woozy when laying 'the wrong way' which almost seems like every way.  But, for the most part, no complaints once I finally find the sweet spot for sleeping soundly, it doesn't take me long before I am out cold.  20-30 minute cat naps on most afternoons when I can, and these get me through dinner, baths, and the evening spent after the babes are down.  If I don't, I'm ready for bed at 8pm with the twins:)  
Best moment this week: Spending this last weekend with my family - taking our last official pictures  as a family of four (something I didn't actually get to do/plan with the twins - but did more of a surprise make-shift maternity shoot after my last baby shower while on bed rest) and finally getting ourself into a family vehicle!  We made the official push on a GMC Acadia and absolutely love it. My little car is 10 years old (Jetta TDI bought brand new in 2006) and does not fit a third babe.. so we were in desperate need of a third row with the addition of a third carseat + I just needed a new car! 
Miss Anything? Its been a pretty great week!  I cant say that I am missing anything.
Cravings: The usual: Carbonation. Summer fruit. Greek yogurt. Peanut Butter.  Sub sandwiches.  Mexican food - I could live off chips and salsa.
Symptoms:  The occasional heartburn is super annoying.  Not something I deal with outside of pregnancy, so its completely unwelcome.  I am waking 2-3 times a night to pee.  Most of the time I am able to fall right back to sleep.  Actually, it is currently 2:09am - hungry and I had to get this baby off my bladder - glorious.  There has been a time or two when I am laying awake after having to use the bathroom for a solid hour (currently).  BUT- I can hardly complain about this when I dealt with such terrible insomnia in twin pregnancy.  Also- the belly button is officially nonexistent and I can see a very faint linea nigra forming, starting at the bottom of my once-button to as far down as my eyes can see.  I don't remember when this came last time, but I was just wondering about it recently.. and if it was going to come back with this pregnancy, and well, here we are.  Nesting is in monster swing.. I already cleaned out the twins' closet to get ready for summer 'stuff' and it just felt really good.  I am halfway going insane with any kind of clutter or 'mess'. Thankfully, I have a tidy hubby and one twin babe (Parker is a neat freak like her mama - everything has its place, you know).  So all that helps me to keep all that in check. 
Looking forward to: keep talking about her nursery, but as we make progress every single week I get more and more excited about it all coming together.  We finally have her changing table set up in her room, so this next week I have grand plans to go through Parker + Jolie's hand-me-downs and start to organize her closet/dresser.  It is so hard to believe that we have 8 short weeks (or less!!) before we meet this sweet little sister.. I cannot wait to just eat her baby cheeks off. Dreaming about it everyday- it is all I can think about.  Meeting her will be on the top of my list under 'best days of my life'.    

Photobucket

5 comments:

Bri said...

Loving that dress on you girly!! 31 weeks! Eeek!! :)

Lavakels said...

We just bought a GMC Acadia for our 3rd and we LOVE it! It's amazing.

Also- for your sub sandwiches, do you heat up your lunch meat before eating? I'm curious on your opinion of that.

The Yarbrough's said...

Great picture!!!! Love the wood wall.

Ashley Sanderson said...

Adorable as always! :)

Ashley
The Mrs. & Co.

Chelsea said...

You look so adorable :) I love it

Pin It button on image hover