photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


10.25.2012

31 Weeks


Tank / Gap Maternity * Cardigan / Banana Republic Outlet (a couple seasons ago) 
* Black Pants / Heidi Klum Loved * Necklace / Francesca's 

How far along? 31 Weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: Went to the doctor on Tuesday and came home with an overall good report.. I say over all.. minus fact that I've gained about 27 pounds.  Baby girls are measuring to be 3 pounds, 12 ounces (Parker) and 3 pounds, 5 ounces (Jolie).  I admit to googling the other components of weight distribution during pregnancy this morning while still laying in bed.. I know.  OCD.       
Maternity clothes? We all saw the 'real' me in this post.  Still wearing those same pants.. (although I would kills for these if I had some place to go..) but I've showered and changed shirts.. currently I'm wearing a summery Old Navy tank top that is not maternity and definitely does not cover my round belly.  It sort of hangs out the bottom of the tank for a 'I'm barefoot and pregnant in Texas' effect.             
Stretch marks? None.  
Sleep: Comes and goes.  I've been sleeping well through the night for the most part.  Been up around 5am for the past three days straight.  Not sure if it is the girls moving around that wakes me (because they usually are awake when I wake up at this time..) or the fact that I'm hungry and need a snack (hello, Greek yogi), or the fact that I'm just tired of laying down.  Combination of all three?  Possibly.  
Best moment this week:  The weekly doctor appointments seem to be getting longer these days.  This week we went to visit the perinatologist for a sonogram before heading to see Dr. Walsh for the NST and consult/check-up.  Praise?  Still no funneling:)  Woo!  Third week in a row that I've been without and so thankful!  Although.. The NST showed uterine irritability and several contractions, some of which I could definitely feel as I watched the needle shoot up on the monitor paper.  Girls were in no way affected by this, but Dr. Walsh decided that it was time to increase my dosage of Procarida to twice/day.  A common 'problem' with twin pregnancy is that because my uterus is so stretched with two babies in my belly, it is unlikely that I will feel contractions when they are in the mild stages- but these mild contractions can send me into pre-term labor - no bueno.  So, proactive doc is making the change in my meds- which is totally fine by us.   
Miss Anything?  Can't say that I do.  Too many things to be so excited about to think about what I miss about pre-pregnancy.            
Movement:  They are either up under my ribs or doing a tap dance on my pelvis.  As much of a discomfort that it is when the babies are all in my ribs, I have to say that this new movement down, around, and on top of my pelvis is almost more painful than a rib kick/punch/head bump/jab.  I think part of that is the fact that I can't ever seem to empty my bladder well enough and have to pee just about all the time.     
Food cravings:  Donuts were all I could think of last week- and after getting them ( and a couple sausage rolls) my life is complete.  Not really, but they did do justice in satisfying my craving for that sugar.  Caesar salads are on top of my list this week.. Having at least a small one almost everyday.       
Symptoms:  A serious case of just a big ol' belly.  After the doctor appointment on Tuesday we swung through for a quick stop at Lone Star Baby.  Within about ten minutes of being in the store, one of the employees walked straight up to me and said "I hope your due date is close."  After my usual explanation: due in December.. twin girls.. 7 more weeks to go.. he stuffed his foot further down his throat and made me feel so beautiful with "Well, you know a woman is getting close when her belly starts to become misshapen, so I thought for sure you were due so soon." 

What?

Poor Jordan.. for the rest of the day I questioned the look of my belly and it's shape.  Pretty round to me, but apparently I'm getting to a point of deformity?  I swear, the things people will say.       
Anything making you queasy or sick: Twice this week I couldn't eat the bananas on my usual peanut butter toast.. so grossed out by it.  But as I sit here, I'm enjoying my toast with sliced nanners on top.  Not sure the issue.. texture, maybe.    
Labor Signs:  For the first time I felt somewhat uncomfortable contractions/Braxton Hicks.  I think I've felt them before, but didn't know thats what they were until I was hooked up to the NST and saw what my doctor considers a contraction.    
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and emotional.  Nesting continues as we come to the end of nursery preparations.  I've started to pack my hospital bag- it was confirmed that I will most likely have a c-section (98% sure) and for recovery I'll be there at least 4 days.  Having a better idea now will make it easier to pack my bag and the girls' bag.
Looking forward to:  (This didn't change from last week..) Finishing the nursery and checking off the last of the to-do's.  We did, in fact, get the completed changing table this past weekend (it looks really great) and still waiting for the bedding to come in, but we are on the schedule for shipment the middle part of next week- so excited to see it!  Other than that.. Jordan plans to build wall shelves in each corner (his idea is one for each baby).  We need to order the rug and the curtains for the nursery and then it will be complete- finally.  As far as the other check-listed items..   Found a pediatrician we absolutely adore, scheduled the newborn photo session, now have both carseats, and have ordered some more layette items for the girls.  My freak out last week due to the fact that I felt like we didn't have enough has been briefly subsided with an order place to Gymboree.  We still need a couple of key items: pack and play, second camera for the monitor, and the breast pump (sorry..)  Good thing is that we have multiple generous gift cards we still need to spend.. thank goodness.  

So many things.. so much excitement.  All I can think about is Parker and Jolie.  I have always been excited, but seriously the excitement has set in this past week- I'm pretty much giddy at the thought of being able to hold our little ones.  

No wonder I can only sleep until 5am these days.    

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so cute! & I like that you're wearing your new necklace!! haha I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery!!

Anonymous said...

If the girls beds are going to be right by each other I bet you can get away with 1 camera for the monitor. You should try it first before you spend the money to get a second one. Our cameras have a pretty good width of reach (if that makes sense). You look dang good girl!! Way to go mama!!!

Corinne said...

That is SO funny about the bananas. I had the SAME problem with mine in my oatmeal this morning. I had to stop! I eat one every day too and never had a problem. Darn ol' pregnancy! :))) Happy 31 weeks!

Meredith said...

I am so far behind on my blog commenting. :/ So here we go. Congrats on making it to 30 (and now 31) weeks! I was SO excited when I hit that milestone! You look great and the stupid salespeople can shut their dang pie holes. Your stomach looks perfectly round to me! :) Also, your pumpkins are adorable and I'm glad you got a picture with them (thanks for the shout-out)! It will be nice next year when we see a pumpkin and don't immediately think of our bellies. Lastly, I started having BH contractions (quite regularly) around 30 weeks and I'm (clearly) still pregnant so I don't think they mean much. Regardless, prayers are being sent your way for Parker and Jolie to hold tight for as long as possible! You're doing awesome and the positive attitude helps so much!

Koryn said...

My twin girls (19 months) are napping as I read your adorable blog. It makes me smile to know the joy you have ahead of you. I was on bedrest for the last two and a half months of my pregnancy...but made it all the way to 36 wks & 6 days! So, hang in there. It's all worth it to keep those little ones in there as long as you can. Good luck with everything. Congratulations & get ready to have the most fun you've ever had. :)

Brittany said...

I found you via pinterest and we are a week apart in our pregnancy, I'm 32 weeks and I'm having boy/girl twins! I have loved reading your blog :)

Pin It button on image hover