photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


10.04.2012

28 Weeks {Baby Update}




How far along? 28 Weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: 22 pounds. (Pre-pregnancy weight: 110lbs-112lbs.)  
Maternity clothes? Yes.  I now live for my weekly doctor visits.. I actually get to put on makeup, get dressed, and go outside the house.     
Stretch marks? Nope. I have severely dry skin on my stretched belly..and I didn't realize it until the nurse was hooking me up for my stress-test last week.  She made a comment about my poor dry belly.  I got halfway embarrassed when I looked down to see the sloughing skin (gross, yes, I know this.)  I have been using lotion and body butter religiously, but now have seen a difference since going back to using the coconut oil.  I didn't stop using it on purpose, I just had gotten a couple of varieties of heavy lotion as gifts and was enjoying the yummy smells.  The coconut oil is what I'll be using from now on (in addition to my smelly lotions, of course.)
Sleep: Meh.  It's okay.  I've taken one sleeping pill this week and I slept like a baby, and the next night I resorted to taking another after I tossed and turned for two hours attempting to get some shut eye.  The second time the sleeping pill didn't help one single bit.  I continued to toss and turn all night long.  Not fun.  When I do sleep, I sleep well.  But, when I am having bouts of insomnia a couple times a week- I'm up all night long.
Best moment this week:  Over the weekend, my bestest spent the day/night with me while Jordan was away for 24 hours at the fire station. She brought lunch, snacks, movies..and made the most delicious dinner for us to enjoy on the sofa.  She played the 'bed rest' game right along with me, and I love her dearly for it:)  She also got to feel the baby gymnastics performed inside my belly. It was a fun night.
Miss Anything?  Oh, you know, the usual;  Sunshine on my face..the wind in my hair...  In all seriousness, bed rest isn't soooo terrible.  I have found my way of staying entertained throughout the day.  Jordan is home quite often and when he isn't, visitors make my day go fast.  But, I do miss the luxury of drinking a half a glass of water and not having to pee like there is no tomorrow 4 minutes later.             
Movement: Babies are crazy.  They seem to live in my ribs and when they aren't in my ribs, they are doing the baby jig on my bladder.  They always know when I have to pee and there is no restroom available (in the car driving riding to/from the doctor.)   
Food cravings: Not really- BUT.. I've eaten Potbelly 3 times in less than a week.. Extra peppers, please.  These girls will either love a good sammy or despise the thought of a sub shop.  We shall see.  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope.  
Labor Signs: Nothing painful.  I have Braxton Hicks contractions a couple times a day- mainly when I get up too fast from the laying position.  I'm still taking Procardia once a day to prevent those pesky contractions I don't have a notice for.   
Symptoms:  These haven't changed from last week: a seriously heavy belly, and up and down for trips to the bathroom 239576129465 times a day.  My sore boobs are back (TMI? Sorry.)   They aren't as severe as during my first trimester, but I notice the pain.  I expected this, but wasn't sure I was ready for it.      
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I'm a happy girl.. although I've been told by my precious husband that he can tell when I've got a 'rage' going on.  He leaves me be and makes sure my water glass is full.  I don't know what he is talking about.   
Looking forward to: The Massey baby shower this weekend!!! Jordan's Aunt Sherrye and cousin Jennifer have been working so hard to plan it.  I really look forward to seeing everyone!  I love it when the family gets together.  It is also supposed to be in the 50s-60s this weekend.  SWEATER WEATHER!  Well, for Texas it is anyway.  My favorite time of year!    

Baby Update

My girls are getting big and strong!!  We visited the perinatologist yesterday morning (you know, with the 52 inch sonogram monitor) and walked out with a good report on both momma and baby.  They both are measuring identically at 2 pounds, 10 ounces.   Jolie is actually about 6 grams bigger than Parker, which was such a surprise since she has been much smaller than Parker from the very beginning.  Either way, I have 5 pound of baby to carry..err.. lay around!  Heart beats were 150 bpm and 153 bpm.. and both, of course, were awake and active (per their usual)

We attempted to try for a couple of 4D images..but Parker had her foot in Jolie's face (even in separate sacs they are all over each other.) and her own hand in front of her own face.  Difficult babies.  We go back in a couple weeks and will try again for another.  So, we settled for a couple of the 2D for today. 

Jolie Grace

 Parker Jane 


By this point in the appointment I was ready to be done anyway.  I have made note of my inability to lay on my back at all whatsoever, even for sonograms I end up moving over to my left side forcing the sonographer to stretch over me to finish her exam.   Typically at my perinatologist appointments I have handle the scan because I am leaning at an angle and not flat on my back.  Well, on that particular morning my body wasn't playing that game and I passed out.  By the time I realized I needed to sit up because I felt dizzy/nauseated it was too late.  Jordan tried to hand me my water and I couldn't hold it, and the only thing I remember was the doctor putting her cool hands on the back of my neck.  Jordan, at some point, had stepped in because I regained consciousness in his arms laying on my left side.  Whew.  It freaked me and everyone else in that room out beyond comfort.  Jordan, bless his heart, was so worried.  After I came to, we finished the scan and he didn't let go of my hand for the remainder of the appointment.  Sweet man.

So, all is well with me and our babies.  I've made it to 28 weeks and bed rest continues to work in my advantage.  9 more weeks to go before we reach the goal of 37 weeks!  I'm getting excited to meet my sweet girls.. it is going by so quick!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

You look so great, Amber!! And I think your attitude is fabulous--I know bedrest is frustrating but those two are doing so well because of it and that def makes it worth it. :) They have the cutest little profiles. And I'm with you on the belly--one sonographer always has to use more of that jelly stuff because my "dry skin soaks it all up." Thanks, lady. :) Keep it up, you're doing awesome!

Corinne said...

Amber- I am so glad to see that things have mellowed and are going well for you. I love reading your thoughts and feelings on this experience! This experience has definitely tested me in ways I never knew it would, but truly believe WE are chosen to carry twins for a purpose. It's nice to read from someone going through the same thing, just a few weeks behind. :)

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

Just found your blog via Pinterest! I am 29 weeks pregnant with a little boy, so I'm pretty close to where you are! After scanning back through a few posts, I saw you're Rangers fans. We are too! My prayers are with you and the girls during the last few weeks.
--Bethany
imperfectionisbeautytoraj.blogspot.com

PARTY OF FIVE said...

Hang in there!!! It is all worth it!! If you think 5 pounds is heavy....just wait....David was 9pd 8 oz at 37 weeks....Keep up the good work resting and cooking those precious babies in your cute little baby oven! (:

Pin It button on image hover