photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.21.2014

WE EAT | Weekly Toddler Menu Planner

Here we are- the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I'd LOVE to say I am 100% ready for this, but I'm about 90% there.  We do have out Christmas decor on display, complete with a metallic purple and hot pink tree. I decided to coordinate with Parker and Jolie's birthday party theme.. and I think Jordan just might kill me.  Their theme this year has NOTHING to do with Christmas.. but, the tree is out.. and as apposed to clashing.. I just went for it.

What do you think?
I don't have words really.. and so it is alright if you don't either.  I sent this picture to Jordan (he was at the fire station last night) and all he replied back with:
'I want my tree back next year.'
Better reaction than I thought.  But I have also promised that we can take all the 'color' down after the 6th of December.  
Maybe.

This week's meal plan is - again - EASY.  I didn't want to be dealing with leftovers all week since we will be living off them all next weekend.  We are all home all week (Jordan and I are both off- yippee!) so we will need something to snack on, so the beef stew (which totally warrants leftovers) is on Sunday night - mostly because there is nothing better than to come home from church on Sunday to have dinner already prepared - but also because it is early enough in the week that we will eat whatever leftovers there are.
Oh.  And donuts are in honor of the Black Friday madness we won't be taking part in.

What I want to know.. whats on your Thanksgiving menu?  I have a rough draft of what I'm preparing.. and I did get to 'practice' on my Supper Club last weekend, but I'm still nosey and wanna know.  Give me inspiration! 
Happy Turkey WEEK!
Recipe Clickables

Recipes
Leftover Turkey Pesto Panini
Cooking spray
4 thick bread slices (I used ciabatta)
1/2 cup prepared pesto
sliced mozzarella cheese
2 cups chopped/sliced leftover thanksgiving turkey
Tomato slices
Sliced avocado  
--
Spread 2 tablespoons pesto over 1 side of French bread and top with mozzarella, turkey, tomatoes,
avocado and top half of bread. Repeat with remaining slices of bread. 
Add sandwich to hot grill pan or panini maker and grill until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 2-3 minutes.

Tuna Pasta Salad
serves 2
1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta
1/2 cup water packed tuna
1 hard boiled egg, diced
1/2 cup Greek yogurt or mayo
salt & pepper
--
Stir all together to combine.  Chill until ready to serve.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

Love the tree this year! I am hoping that I can get mine up this weekend. I have nothing going on, so as long as the girls are good nappers, I think I can knock it out.

PS - How were your girls with the tree last year? Did you have to put anything around it? Mine are almost 15 months, and they are into EVERYTHING.

Emily said...

Love the tree!!! Super super cute.

I discovered the chix cordon bleu casserole (or at least a super-close version of it) a long time back and it was the first REAL table food that my son ever ate. He loved it!

Pin It button on image hover