photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.21.2012

35 Weeks


 short sleeve t-shirt / A Pea in the Pod *
denim skinny jeans / Heidi Klum Loved * jacket / Loft (last season) 

How far along? 35 Weeks! Woo!
Total weight gain: 33 pounds.  I haven't weighed in this week.. my perinatologists doesn't do a 'weigh in' and thats who we have seen so far this week. Last week I hadn't gained much of anything, but my nurse weighed me on a different scale than what she had been weighing me in on.  Anyway- moral of the story: I don't really know at this point.         
Maternity clothes?  Again this week I am wearing one of my favorite t-shirts.  I halfway wish I could wear them post-babies.. they are super comfortable.  I'm getting tired of trying to figure out what to wear and it has come down to whatever is most comfortable.  My belly (inappropriately) hangs out of the bottom of my lounge shirts half the time anyways.  I don't go out of the house looking like this.. but I will, however, answer the door this way. You've been warned.  
Stretch marks? None.  My (once never ending) belly button has officially been pushed as far out as it can be pushed.  I've been putting extra cream over it because it seems to be more tender than any other super stretched area.     
Sleep: What sleep?  As of this week, first trimester exhaustion has returned.  I find it really, really hard to make it through the day without getting in a couple cat naps.  I try not to sleep for longer than a half hour.. and then I shut off my alarm and sleep for 2 1/2 or 3 hours at a time.  This results in night owl-ish activity.  Repeat cycle.  Baby building is tough work.            
Best moment this week:  The perinatologist appointment on Monday went really well.  She didn't do a growth check on Jolie since she had done one just a few days before (accuracy would be off), but she did make the comment that Jolie looks bigger!  Was that an educated guess, doctor?  Who cares, I'll take it!  I finished the steroids she put me on last week (hence the puffy eyes/face), and I have been conducting pep-talks with Jolie- hopefully coaxing her into growing. I'm convinced a combination of  all these things has caused her to grow. Her cord doppler measurement was very healthy and her amniotic fluid levels were exceptionally high.  We caught her sticking her tongue out to suckle and doing her practice breathing- all good signs of a thriving baby!  Koster said "You are doing so awesome."  Thank you, thank you very much.
Miss Anything?  The babies arrival will be here in days to weeks.  How can I miss anything right this moment?                   
Movement:  The past couple days the girls have been SO active!  If they don't have the hiccups, they are moving/flipping/turning/bumping against my stomach.  Parker, just last Thursday, was head down, and by Monday she was officially breech again.  That is the third time she has been head down, and the third time she has returned to the breech position.  Right before we went into our appointment on Monday, Jordan and I sat in the car and watched my belly go insane.  Both girls were moving all over the place.  I decided that Parker made her flip from being head down just moments before walking in to see Dr. Koster.  It was such a special few minutes to spend with Jordan and these girls.      
Food cravings:  None.  Looking forward to Thanksgiving- seriously my favorite meal of the year.         
Symptoms:  I am super congested.. my lips are so chapped from breathing out of my mouth all the time (gross). Also, the fact that I can literally nap all day long.       
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Getting too full has made me super queasy this week. 
Labor Signs:  Procardia twice daily is keeping me stable as far as preterm labor goes.  My cervix is still around a 2.2.  Braxton Hicks contractions are getting stronger and stronger- some even taking my breath away.  If I'm in the sitting position I can hardly stand the tightness, but laying down (which I do for 99% of the day) is not terrible.    
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Excitement is at an all time high!!  I reached my 'mini-goal' of 35 weeks!  I cannot believe the girls will be here in just short time. It can literally be any day now when they decide to come.  Last week was emotional and I cried a lot, but this week the tears have stayed away.  I sometimes just sit in the nursery rocker and look at all their things.. taking it all in.  Is that weird?  This morning I drank my coffee and read the kid's version of Jesus Calling that Jordan's mom got for the girls.  I can't wait to read to them!      
Looking forward to:  All of it.  Anything and everything that remotely relates to the babies- The thought that I get to hold them soon keeps me up at night with excitement:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you! Gosh, it seems like I was just there a couple months ago, and my girls are now 21 months. IT FLIES BY!!! I remember being so miserable at the end, but that memory fades away quickly!!!

Good luck! and Congrats to making it to 35 weeks! NO NICU stay is the goal!!! :)

Sarah Tucker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Tucker said...

Yay for a good report from the doctor! Keep cooking those precious turkeys!

...I am on strike two with the robot...

Megan. OneFifteenDanville. said...

You are doing so great! I know the feeling of sitting in the baby room and crying just out of sheer joy that you'll be someone's mommy so soon! Good luck, keep those legs crossed, you are so close! :)

Can I ask what you think about the children's version of Jesus Calling? The adult one is my favorite devotional! And I'm looking for a good children's bible story series and devotional.

Meredith said...

35 weeks--woohoooo! You're definitely on the home stretch! I am so excited for you to meet your little ones! And I wanted to comment earlier about the c-section. I was so scared. It wasn't the surgery as much as knowing I'd be awake during it. While it wasn't fun, it really was no big deal whatsoever. And the recovery was great. I was SO uncomfortable those last few weeks of pregnancy that both the c-section and recovery pain were a welcomed treat. You don't even realize the toll the babies take on your body until they are OUT! :) Keep up the awesome attitude--I am confident that is why your and my babies are sticking (stuck) around as long as they did. Who would want to leave such an optimistic setting? :) Thinking of you!

Pin It button on image hover