photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


8.23.2012

22 Weeks

How far along? 22 Weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: 16 pounds (Pre-pregnancy weight: 110lbs-112lbs.)   I am still all belly.  I don't just feel like I am bigger everyday- I AM bigger everyday.  Some of the maternity sleep shirts I got a couple months ago are getting shorter and shorter.  It seems as though they will be showing off my rather large midriff soon.   
Maternity clothes? Full maternity- duh.  Although I can still fit in some of my pj pants- just wearing them below my (huge) belly. I am still loving my maternity wardrobe.  I am kind of obsessed over shirts with the side ruching.  I feel more comfortable with my growing bump in tighter fitting clothes. Wearing something too big makes me feel like a cow.  Simply put. 
Stretch marks? None at all- but I have been itching like a mad woman this week.  It started on Monday while wearing some full panel work pants- I thought the panel was just irritating my skin, but oh, no.  It continues.  I scratch all day long.  Still using my coconut oil- which definitely relieves the itching.  I'm thinking of just carrying it along with me in my purse.  Excuse me while I bare my belly and rub some oil on it.  Hope you don't mind..  
Sleep: I've been sleeping pretty soundly this week- but, I confess that the move over the weekend has just about worn me out.  I have been getting in bed late- about 10:30pm (rather than my usual 8:30-9pm routine) and getting up earlier because I now have a commute to work (before the move we lived 0.8 miles from my job..). But, my promise of getting unpacked by this weekend is fulfilled. The house is officially unboxed and done with- this week has made me really ready for the next couple months of being at home.
Best moment this week:  My precious department surprised me with (my first) baby shower/luncheon to celebrate our sweet baby girls.  Everyone stopped in to say hello and grab a bite to eat and have a good belly rub:)  It was such a fun afternoon with my favorite work friends.  Made this emotional preggo very happy.
Miss Anything? Simple comfort.  It takes real effort to sit on the couch- get up from the couch or any other seated position.  What I miss the most?  The ability to have a conversation with someone without getting out of breath.  When I sit up straight or lean forward the belly blocks my ability to breath well.. or something like that.  It is almost amusing the look I get from some of my clients while I counsel them and have to readjust or pause so I can catch my breath.  A couple days ago I was giving a talk about vitamin deficiencies and one of the signs of a particular mineral deficiency being shortness of breath.  I'm saying this as I am having to pause to catch my breath.  Me, the dietitian, educating about proper nutrition and here I am about to die on stage in front of all you people.
Movement: All.Day.Long.  and totally loving every minute of it.
Food cravings: Dry cereal, fruit, plain Greek yogurt, ice.. and a couple new ones this week: frozen grapes- cannot get enough.  And peanut butter and banana toast.  I look forward to my snack when I get home from work.  I ventured out and got some Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter this week.  Whoa.Yum.  Central Market was having a special: Buy one get one free, plus a loaf of bread.  I'm in. Can we say- Impulse buy  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I can't say that I've been suffering from nausea really at all this week.  I have been good about staying on my left side and when I'm sleeping and end up on my back, it wakes me before I really get to feeling sick.  So- just tired,  not queasy.
Gender:  My girls!!
Labor Signs: Nah.
Symptoms: Discomfort- is that a symptom? My belly gets in the way of everything- that can count as a symptom, too. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week- I will confess. Moody.  Tuesday in particular was a bad day- Waking up super early, followed by a long commute, combined with horrible traffic related to the fact that the streets were wet from rain started me off on the wrong foot- and the day just continued to progress in this way.  Combined with preggo hormones, my mood festered beyond what it normally would.  I did my best to stay quiet for most of the day as to not snap or say something rudely without the intention- but Jordan sweetly put it that my mood can be told by my the look on my face- Fridge Face as my sweet bestest is known for it.  Jordan texted me yesterday morning teasing to remind me to 'be nice'...
He's got a way with words..
Looking forward to: We are supposed to be getting the cribs in soon! We also got a great furniture piece for the changing table that we want to paint and distress.  I'm looking forward to being home to be 'apart' of these little projects:)  Next Friday is my last day here at work- I must say it is bittersweet, but exciting to think about the months to come.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever. I'm your newest follower. Found your blog off Pinterest. :)

Ashley
ashleysaysblog.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover