photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.14.2009

MeMe Turns 8-0!

B-A-D Blogger. It is already 2 weeks into November and I haven't posted a single thing. Life has been so busy lately with internship..and Jordan working..and Blah..Blah..Blah. You know the drill! BUT, there are lots of things coming up that are 'blog-worthy', so stay tuned :)

Last week was Jordan's MeMe's 80th birthday! We threw a huge party for her with lots of her family and friends!! I was requested to make a cake for the event. I was a little nervous.. I hadn't baked in awhile. I have been having such a fun time developing and creating savory dishes in the kitchen, and haven't had a lot of time to spend on my baking skills, but, I have to say, the cake turned out pretty beautifully.

Rich Dark Chocolate Cake with Milk Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (and Turtle Sprinkles!)


Before the party- the immeadiate family took MeMe out for a southern cooked meal at Dixie House in Lakewood.
Then it was time for her little house to be wall-to-wall with family (some that I had never met!) and friends.
"Happy Birthday to You!" It was so cute- she sang along with all of us! "Happy Birthday to MEEEE!" As you can see..Jordan's mom thought it was pretty amusing, too!

My beautiful Jenny

My precious Jordan :)
Little cousins that aren't so little anymore!
Lauren
Beautiful Baylee

and, for the first time, EVER..ALL of the Massey cousins and their spouses!

It was a great time! I hope that when I turn 80, I will have just as wonderful family and friends. Love them

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover