photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.04.2014

WE EAT | BBQ White Cheddar Chicken & Pineapple Pizza

Better than take out.  No joke.  This recipe is probably the most simple recipe I have in my books- I actually don't know that calling it a recipe is warranted.  I usually make a version of the Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Pizza every couple weeks, but this week I didn't have bacon or the Monterrey Jack cheese it calls for.  But, I did have white cheddar cheese.. so it was more of my original BBQ White Cheddar Chicken Pizza than Hawaiian BBQ.  But there was pineapple.  But no cilantro.  I forgot the cilantro.  Or I lost it because I rarely forget something at the grocery store.

Jordan hid it from me.  I'm convinced.

While I was prepping everything for dinner (by prepping I mean removing the entire 5 ingredients from the refrigerator), I thought to myself 'what a great meal to make WITH Parker and Jolie'. So- this post is a little different than the normal WE EAT stream of wide mouths and stuffed cheeks.  You'll get a play by play (meaning pictures galore) of making this semi-homemade goodness c/o two little birds.
BBQ White Cheddar Chicken & Pineapple Pizza
1 (13.8 oz) tube refrigerated pizza crust dough (I use Pillsbury Pizza Crust)
1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce 
1 (15oz) can diced pineapples in juice, drained
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 pound fully cooked chicken breast, roughly chopped
1-2 cup(s) shredded white cheddar cheese

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out the pizza crust dough onto a medium sized rimmed baking sheet, flattening it to fit to the corners.
Place the pizza crust into the oven for 6-9 minutes, until slightly puffed and beginning to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
Spread BBQ sauce evenly over crust, smoothing with the back of a large spoon. Sprinkly your chicken breast evenly over top. Next add the pineapple and onion, as much or as little as you like. We like pineapple so we usually add quite a bit.
  Top evenly with shredded cheese.
Place back into the heated oven for another 6-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown (and delicious!)

I always volunteer Jordan to be the official dough-roller-outer.



 Jolie worked at it wisely.  Put a little 'back' into it, gurl.
Next it was time to spray down the cookie sheet with cooking spray so we don't stick! 
Shredding (and tasting) the cheese.  All baby fingers were safe and sound.

During our trip to Hot Springs a couple weeks back, we tried some amazing BBQ sauce at a little seasoning shop below the loft and ended up bringing some home with us- which inspired this entire meal to begin with.  Now.. if anyone can tell me where to get more?
 These baby fingers wouldn't stay out of the pineapple tidbits.  
I'll give you just two guesses at who it may be.
 Chicken | Purple Onion | White Cheddar



 First layer is the chicken.  


The onion is next.. 
 Some parts of the pizza were 'heavy' on the onion.
Those little fingers again..
 caught..
red-handed.
 The most professional taste-tester.  More tasting than building the last layer of toppings for this pizza.



 Learning proper kitchen hygiene c/o daddy.  We will have to work on the licking of her fingers part..and tasting nearly every other pineapple before it made it to the pizza.
 Since we pre-baked the crust for nearly 10 minutes, it just needs to go back in the oven to warm through the toppings and melt the cheese.
 mini pizza wedges for mini hands





 toppings were the best part.  So much so that Jolie picked off the onions and ate them first before anything else.

really.

While we are on this kick of BBQ and Chicken over bread and covering it with gooey cheese shreds - this is another favorite of ours, that I totally forgot about until I went to Google my {poorly-managed} foodie blog {Chocolate-Broccoli}: Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza

A family affair that I'm pretty will  be on repeat.  Love my little sous chef(s).

Photobucket

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! And I bet it tasted even better since your two little birds put a lot of love into it.

I haven't made pizza in forever, definitely going to get back into it and make this one.

I make a half whole wheat crust with oregano in it based on the No Knead Pizza Dough recipe from SmittenKitchen. You just throw stuff together either the night or morning before (she has different yeast amounts depending on when you remember to make it, haha) and then let it sit in a pot all day. So easy!

Liz/ said...

That looks SO delicious and SO easy! Yum, I have to try that!

Unknown said...

This is going on my menu!

Klein Dot Co said...

Family cook night?? So adorbs. Loving that this recipe is so simple!! Adding it to my menu planning list! :)

Gwendolyn W. said...

This recipe looks delish & easy! I love that you involved your kiddos!

I'm pretty sure I've seen that brand of BBQ sauce at World Market; not sure if it's the right flavor, but it might be worth checking out! Link here:

http://www.worldmarket.com/product/rufus-teague-whiskey-maple-bbq-sauce.do?page=4&from=fn

Meghan said...

Looks great! And you have inspired me to make this with my 18-month-old. She normally gets left out of kitchen stuff because her big siblings (2 & 4) are enough to handle on their own in the kitchen! But you make it look so fun. I will just send them outside with daddy and me and Eliza will go to town! :)

Unknown said...

Amazon has that bbq sauce!

can't wait to try to make your pizza with my almost 17 month old:)!

Pin It button on image hover