photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


5.29.2013

Cara Box Exchange

 
Awesome things in the mail + Meeting new women + Encouragement = Cara Box

Kaitlyn of at Wifessionals hosts a monthly box swap. This month I decided to try it out!  .
 
Each month there is a different theme, and May's theme was "Let's Get Regional".
Everyone was supposed to get to know their partners and create a box containing items that were from the region or state they live in!!
 
My super sweet partner was Frances from Notions from Nonny 
 
Frances lives in California (helllooo sunshine and beaches, right?) and from the fun box she sent me, there is so much more to that great state than I had any clue about! 
 
I was about to tear into the chocolate when I realized- I need to take some pictures of this sweet little package! So.. a couple quick snaps with my phone camera made suffice so that I could get down to business with these sweet eats while watching my DVR'd finales (Grey's, Nashville, Scandal..the list is endless, I tell you.)
 
Frances really made note of the agriculture of California.  Did you know Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agriculture regions?  Me neither!  From the honey bees to apricots, California is among the primary source for so many things.  She sent me a delicious bag of local grown almonds (600 million pounds of almonds are produced every year!) This was Jordan's favorite part about my box. 
 
I absolutely loved my box and the fact that Frances put so much thought into what she sent. The goodies definitely made me want to take a trip out to Cali and get to know the place beyond beaches and shopping (although I down for that, too!) 

If you want to know more about the Cara Box Exchange and how you can participate, click here:)

Thanks, Frances!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Bri said...

How fun!! I live in the good 'ol Central Valley ;) There's almonds EVERYWHERE!!

Ann Marie said...

This looks like so much fun... I just signed up for next month! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

DC in STYLE said...

What a cute idea!!! Best way to get to know person and the place she is from!!!
http://dcinstyle.com/

Anonymous said...

Great box!!! (:

Lara said...

Yummy!!! I wish I had a blog so I could sign up for these. I love to see the posts with the boxes.

Unknown said...

This is so so cute! I would love to do this sometime! You should post pictures of what you send too (after they've gotten it of course!:))

Pin It button on image hover