photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.08.2011

I Need a PTO Day..

Hi, my ame is Amber.. and I am married the Jordan.  We are the Massey's, and we find it only fit to cram anything and everything into one weekend- all at once.  We had such a busy, busy weekend! It started with Thursday evening when we met the Shull family for BBQ at Hard 8- I kicked myself about half way to Coppell when I realized I didn't have my camera.  Grrr.. I hate that!

Friday morning I took a day off to spend it with my sweetie in Canton for some Fair food and shopping!  I made my way out of there with goodies to make my house spaaaakley for the upcoming holidays and a few things to sparkle up my wrists..and neck..and ears (I heart jewelry, to the max.)
It was so cold that morning, I was happy with my new found love for head accessories.  Can never have enough.. and Pinterest is doing a good job at maintaining this obsession.  

After we made it home, thanks to all six Michael Buble CD's booming through the speakers, we slipped into our PJs and enjoyed Costco take and bake pizza and trash TV.  

Saturday started bright and early at the grocery store- Our Supper Club crew was headed out to the house  for dinner!  Our first time since living in the loft, so I wanted to make it special :)  Cooking and cleaning come easy when you have twice as many people doing the duties- my sweet Jordan is so good to me.  
Finally, dinner was served and pot pie was on the menu- it was success :)

Baby Tapella loves him some Chris.. always laughs and giggles- so precious- even if it is a little blurry :)
And of course.
In Landon's defense- he is teething.
Saturday came and went in a blur- and Sunday arrived and we (again) were up and running for a birthday celebration.  Roy had a birthday on Friday, and his mom..our Meme, celebrated her birthday on Sunday.  What is better than a double birthday party?  Jenna and Adam came and it was their first time at the loft, too! 

Here is a sneak peak at the start of my Christmas decor.  Bree was so sweet to come and set me up pretty before the Cowboy game started.  It is so beautiful.. you will be jealous.
Yummy appetizer lunch.. snacks foods and good conversation while watching the Cowboys (finally) pull a win.
Grace (the Birthday Girl) and Bree- enjoying fun times.. I think our converstion reverted back to how amazing QVC is for the hundredth time before I finally pulled out the camera to make myself useful to capture these moments.
Roy and his oh-so-incredible son.  Brittany is making her way into the picture, too- making these boys all giggles.
I lobe you, Lou!
Getting ready to grub!  
BBQ Pineapple & Provolone Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, and Parmesan Crusted Asparagus



After everyone left on Sunday, we closed the door, and I turned around with my hand in the air- high five hubby!



Monday I had taken another day off. We spent the day in our PJs, for a much deserved lazy day- never leaving our big comfy bed for longer than it takes to get food or drink and return.  I drank coffee and ate leftover bread pudding for breakfast in bed.. in my PJs.  Jordan enjoyed strawberry cake.  (leftovers both from dinner party one, and dinner party number two)

I was sad to see the afternoon turn to evening, and then it was time for bed.  Boo.  Why did the day have to be over already?!  I love those kind of days with my sweet.  

So, yes- We are the Massey's, and we find it only appropriate to be really busy, fitting everything into two or three day timeframes.  

Because thats how we roll.  How else are we supposed to do it? 

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Life's too short! I love weekends where you cram everything in. Super fun!

Pin It button on image hover