photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


8.24.2010

Long Road to Here..

Today is an epic day.  So much so that I came straight home to blog about it..and it is only 2pm.  Today marks the end of a long journey..taking me through laughter, tears, a lot more tears, late nights and life-long friendships.  Let's start from the beginning..kind of. 

Graduation Day from Texas Women's University with my Bachelor's in Science in Dietetics and Institutional Administration.  Go ahead, say that 5 times fast.  I look like a BAby in this pic.. and my hair is like an ashy, reddish brown color.  (never again.)  This day started the beginning of one of the best summers of my life!  I will always remember the fun I had.
Emotional rollercoaster of packet and application prep..hundreds of revisions, 6 letters of recommendation, personal letter, resume, last minute phone calls with requests to come for an interview the next day (out of state!)..With 4 places I applied to, I was so blessed to match with the perfect internship program for me, my top choice, here in Dallas at Presbyterian Hospital.  The Hand of God was upon me, as always, in placing me in this program with over 100 other qualified applicants.

Day One with 7 amazing interns.  That year, er, 11 months was so much fun!!!  C'mon..our first picture together, we know nothing about one another at this point..except the basics.. and we take a pic as cool as this one :)
Graduation 2010--I cannot believe how fast time flew!!!  I thought I would never get here!!
And..Now..Today :)  I passed my exam!!!  Studying paid off, thank goodness.

A VERY happy Amber Massey, RD

I think I'll go start a new book.  Catch up with my book club friends.  I've missed them.  OR, go to the gym.  I've missed the gym, too.  Actually, how about a nap. Oh, a nap sounds nice..haven't had one of those in about 4 years.  Yes, I think I'll nap.  Where is my teddy and purple blanket..and I don't even have to worry about studying, projects, assignments, meetings..nothing.

Big fluffy couch, here I come

4 comments:

Ashley D said...

congrats congrat congrats!!! No matter how many times i say it - you deserve more!! We are so proud of you! a celebratory night is in order soon lady! Loves!

Mindy Rives said...

A very BIG congrats to you!!! So, so proud of you! And I can't wait to see your face soon!

Jacqueline and Travis said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is such exciting news! So excited that we have met and become friends, you are a sweetheart!

Sam said...

Congrats Amber!!! I am so happy for you!!! I hope that nap was a VERY long restful one, cause you deserve it!!!! :)

Pin It button on image hover