photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


12.30.2016

a little bit of brady | 27 weeks

just a little update since last week.. we went to the perinatologist for another look at my amniotic fluid levels and to check on Mr. Brady.  I am not one to complain about getting another peek at my baby boy, but the anxiety that goes along with it reminds me of the feelings and emotions I had in my pregnancy with the twins.  you never really know how these appointments will go and if they'll tell you news you never want to hear.
thankfully all is well with our sweet boy.  his kidneys look awesome- the right kidney has decreased in fluid significantly and his left still has quite a bit in the surrounding area but Dr. Koster isn't worried about it.  the main concern *now* is that my amniotic fluid just doesn't get any worse. reasons behind my high amniotic fluid are still unknown.. I don't have gestational diabetes, which is one of the main causes of polyhydramnios .  another cause could be because there is occasionally a disconnect between the baby's trachea and esophagus making him unable to swallow like normal, which in turn causes the fluid to build up.
my belly is measuring around 34 weeks gestation, and I'm not even 28 weeks until this weekend.. so there is quite the difference to be had there.
thankfully Brady has a "perfect gas bubble" in his stomach which usually isn't visible if the baby has swallowing issues. we also watched him make swallowing motions and stick out his tongue over and over on the sonogram and it gave me all kinds of relief and satisfaction outside of the reassurance from the perinatologist that he's "just fine".  we've checked that boy out with a fine toothed comb.
for now its about making sure I don't go into preterm labor and a little extra monitoring and checking in on our babe.
after seeing him on the 4D sonogram (we visited visions of love) I couldn't help but get super emotional about meeting him soon.  seeing him on the regular sonograms up to this point I have really seen the profile resemblance to Parker and Baker, but after yesterday I literally had a jaw-drop moment with his little nose and sweet mouth and those round baby cheeks! 
absolutely identical to Baker Bree.
he stretched and yawned and nuzzled right up to his mama and kept making the sweetest facial expressions and pursing his lips together.  good grief.
talk about making his little life REAL.

he's just under 3 pounds- 2 pounds 11 ounces to be exact.. gained 6 whole ounces in the week since we last measured him. he sleeps for most of the morning, active after lunch, and then snoozes until I'm ready to go to bed.. and then its a dance party up in there:)
I just cannot wait to smooch those sweet cheeks!
you are so loved already, baby boy!




3 comments:

Kate H.(www.sprinkletherapy.blogspot.com) said...

Those sonogram pictures!! So beautiful!

Kate H.(www.sprinkletherapy.blogspot.com) said...

Those sono pics 🙌🏻 So beautiful!

Megan said...

Love your blog but never comment! Glad little Brady is doing well. Would you ever considering doing a makeup tutorial? Yours always looks amazing :) Happy new year!

Pin It button on image hover