photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.04.2011

Its a Baking Kind of Day

Happy Weekend to you!  I am in a jolly good mood- mainly because I have a lazy morning in my near future.  Thank goodness for 3 day weekends.   These days cooking for my client starts bright and early on Saturday morning and church on Sunday morning- my weeks turn into a never ending cycle of busy-ness.    This beautiful Sunday afternoon I was a tad stir crazy..Jordan is at the fire station- leaving me at home in Fort Worth. I must say I'm just about tired of putting away boxes and setting up/hanging up/putting up.  Can't everything find it's place already?  Trust me- once it is 'complete' I will post pictures, its just not there..yet :)  Anyway.. Last week I was perusing my favorite blogs and landed on my sweet friend Shay's blog, Mix and Match Mama.  She posted a most delicious looking cookie and sparked my interest in baking some up!  Hello.  Chocolate. And. Peanut butter. DELICIOUS..and can I suggest that this is probably the easiest use of my baking skills yet?

 Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake Cookies

INGREDIENTS:
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 large egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 cup peanut butter chips

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl with electric mixer.  Stir in peanut butter chips.  Drop 2 tablespoons dough onto lined cookie sheet.  Bake 12 minutes. 

See, told ya it was a cinch.  Go now and make your own batch.  Looks like I've got some treats to attend to :)  Have a relaxing rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Mix and Match Mama said...

Been in Europe 2 weeks...leaving tomorrow. Decided to blog hop before bed and found this post! Yay for our shared passion for chocolate and peanut butter! So glad you liked them :)!!!

Pin It button on image hover