photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


1.12.2015

WE EAT | Meal Planning Monday

Mixing it up this week with these meal plans - Hello Monday:)  I have grand plans to succeed in follow through with these meals - breakfast and lunch isn't the issue, it is always dinner that gets me.  I'm fully prepared to make it, but the energy to do it isn't always the greatest at the end of the day.  Thankfully I planned meals that I can make ahead relatively easy, and also -thank you to the hubby for always willing to help in the kitchen .. and if push comes to shove, being okay with cereal for dinner.  
Salads are on my radar this pregnancy (just as they were with Parker and Jolie), so I'm taking advantage of that.  I am lucky (and often impressed) that my girls absolutely love salad!
Recipes and links below!  Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Waffles (Van's Brand frozen waffles)
Maple Chicken Sausage (Trader Joe's)
Mac & Cheese (Annie's Whole Grain)
Mixed Berry Yogurt Pouches (Market Pantry Low Fat Yogurt)

Recipe Links

Recipes
Avocado Chicken Salad
2 cups cooked & shredded chicken breast
2 small avocados, pitted and peeled
1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt (0% Chobani)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
--
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Cover and chill before serving.

Overnight Crock Pot Apple Cinnamon Oats
non-stick cooking spray
2 large tart apples, chopped
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup STEEL CUT oats
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons milled flaxseed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • optional: 1/4 cup dried fruit and/or 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds
  • --
  • Spray a non-stick crock pot with cooking spray.  Layer apples, milk, water, oats, sugar, butter, cinnamon, and flax. Do not stir.  Set your crock pot to LOW for 7-8 hours, or overnight. Stir in the salt just before serving. 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Sydney @ Raising Southern Grace said...

I may have to steal one, or three of these for my menu this week.
Sydney
http://raisingsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

I always plan my meals and have my grocery list, but then at the store I have to talk my boyfriend out of all kinds of stuff that isn't on the list. He is worse than the kids to go grocery shopping with!

The Snows said...

http://jacobandreasnow.blogspot.com/2015/01/12-weeks.html?m=1

So yummy!! Thanks for posting! I am pregnant too! Check out my blog

Jill Marie said...

Hi Amber!! Do you eat the cesar salad? I keep reading mixed things about eating them while pregnant…I am currently 25 weeks and my greatest craving has been a cesar salad. Thank you!

Amber Massey said...

Hey Jill! I sure do! The recipe I use for the Caesar dressing does not contain anchovies ( which is usually the concern for pregnant women). Main thing to look for and make sure if the dressing you use is pasteurized :)

Heather said...

I always love reading your meal planning menus- everything sounds so good, and your meal ideas are so original! Thank you for that! :)

Bitzsoi said...

Your meal plans always look so awesome! I want to start making better meals for Sofia's sake, but money is kind of tight for us. But when things get better, it's on!

Ruling the Ortiz Kingdom

Amanda said...

This meal plan looks great! Going to save it for future reference.

Amanda
www.queenofthelandoftwigsnberries.com

Pin It button on image hover