photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


1.28.2015

Bab{ies} First | Haircut


The girls are going on 26 months..  I'm trying SO hard not to be THAT mom.  I know they are two, but my brain still counts the months that my first...and second were born.  Sue me. 
Anyway.. they are two+ years old and have yet to have a haircut.  I am thankful for their ever growing locks, but Parker's hair had this weird curly mullet thing going on, and Jolie wakes up every single morning with a rat's nest on the back of her head - like she sleeps in a headstand or something.

My sweet friend - she is actually my oldest friend of 15+ years, has been doing my hair since I met her as a bright 14 year old after I spent two weeks in Florida with friends and decided 4 bottles of Sun In was the right thing to do to my natural and untouched dark brown hair.
I stepped off the plane and lied through my teeth when my parents asked if I had dyed my hair.
Nope!
Through a friend of a friend my mom met Angela, and so grew a deep friendship that I honestly didn't appreciate until the last few years.
She comes to my house (amazing), foil colors my hair and cuts it right in my own kitchen (amazing), no babysitter needed (amazing)!  I usually plan her visits around a night Jordan is at the fire station, so its all about the girl talk.  Jolie and Parker know her very well.  They have watched momma get her hair cut and colored for 2 years this way, so when I asked Angela to take a look at their hair last week, they were so excited to hop right into the chair.  They both had a lot of baby hair that needed to be trimmed out, Parker more so than Jolie.  I swore I wouldn't cut their hair - everrrrrr.
Ok.  So exaggeration is a tad in order here.
I was SO impressed with my little girls.  They are acting much more like young ladies than babies.. It was this night that Jordan confessed his desire for another baby girl because these two were growing up so fast!  Well, I am glad you feel this way, because I'm afraid being a 'girl dad' is all that's in your future, hubs.
When it was their turn to get a trim, they stood stone-still in the chair while Angela trimmed their hair. 
Jolie was first!


Nice goose egg courtesy of sister and a sippy cup full of water..




This is my favorite picture of the entire night.  Trimming her naturally occurring bangs to make them fall more evenly.  She didn't move an inch.

Parker was next!  Angela explained that her hair should curl right up after she weeded out all the baby hair.











SO pretty!!  Parker's hair turned a little less than that of a mullet and more of ringlets and Jolie has yet to wake up with that rat's nest I spoke of before.  It is amazing what the tiniest trim can do!
I'm talking tiny, ya'll.  IG requests came for pictures from the front.. but really its the view from the back that made all the difference.


I was trying to get a picture of the back of their hair.. and Jolie is usually really quick to be super sweet with love for her sister, but also vise versa:)
It was when Jolie started playing with Parker's hair that I switched to video and could not stop laughing!  I sent it to Jordan with tears in my eyes from side-hurting giggles and he responded immediately with how very sweet this video was.  I had to play it back, and yes.  I 100% agree.  These girls are way too stinkin' sweet.




Photobucket

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is precious. My girl will be 2 in April and I'm struggling with the first haircut myself. My husband keeps telling me it's time. Her hair is not super long or anything but her bangs grow quickly and while I cut them myself, it would probably benefit her to have a little trim all the way around. Like you I just hate the thought but she's growing up so I'll just have to grin and bear it :)

The Yarbrough's said...

That video is too precious. Sooo sweet. You chose the perfect title for it too. lol It is amazing what a little trim can do.

Ash. said...

Parker's big ol' cheeks make me so happy. That video is the CUTEST. My Parker is 18 months and has thee worst mullet ever. She lost all the hair on top of her head... twice. Cool. I hope she grows some soon!!

Sydney @ Raising Southern Grace said...

This is really something that pulls on my heart strings. I love her little hand on her back. Those curls are to die for!

Astleigh H. said...

Such sweetness! And I have to admit, I'm totally jealous that you get your hair stylist to come to your house!!

Chelsea L said...

So sweet! Lilly Belle is starting to grow an awesome mullet as well...she's already had her first haircut right before her first birthday when she had a "reverse mullet" lol but now...I think it's time for another :(

Pin It button on image hover