photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.15.2014

Can We Start the Weekend Over? I Wasn't Ready Yet..

It is a weekend like this thats you just want to go back to Friday and do it all over again. It was good. and I want to do it again.. so how about a play-by-play of the weekend's events?

Friday was good. 

I celebrated the weekend and the arrival of cooler weather with my very first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.  If you know me (and the hubby) well at all, you very well know how much we love us some coffee.  We are coffee people - and while coffee is always enjoyable in the summer, it is WAY better in the fall/winter.  I had some monies on a gift card I randomly found in one of my bags.. actually, PARKER found in one of my handbags (love that, right?) and paid a mere $0.17 for this grande.

Dont mind if I do!
headband / sweet t boutique // earrings / exquisite artistry  // initial necklace / bijoux by meg // cardigan / nordstrom (similar)
The little birds woke in some great little moods, and we opted to dress to impress in our sweats and tank tops.  Only in Texas.

Gloomy days are the perfect day to cuddle up -  played hard for the morning, lots of playing with they baby dolls, puzzles, read a couple books, and then it was time for nap.  Momma got organized for the weekend - meal planned and made a grocery list, folded laundry, and ate lunch myself, and finished just in time for Parker and Jolie to start stirring a bit.
It had been years months since it felt this amazing outside, so I loaded the girls up and went for a walk.  The neighborhood park is just around the block from us, so we decided to stop for a few to let off some steam before spending the rest of the afternoon indoors.
headwraps / sweet t designs // jacket / target // sweats / babyGap (similar) // moccs / freshly picked
I coached them back to the stroller with promises to see baby ducks on our way home from the park.  But as we passed the ponds, the disappointed looks I received when I told them that their were no ducks to see just about broke my heart.  Too chilly?  There are always ducks, so I was disappointed, too!
We spent the rest of the afternoon sipping hot coffee (me), burning Pumpkin Cupcake Candles, and watching The Little Mermaid (twice).

Saturday was great.

I was up early to get a move on so that when Jordan walked in the door from his shift at the fire station, I was able to walk out early enough to beat the crowds at the grocery store.

Opted to take a sultry(?) / non-makeup selfie to document my solo outing of the weekend.
The weather that came in on Friday was still amazing - which meant that it was the official start to the Fall season.  All the more reason to stock up on all our favorites.
After naps we all got dressed to run a few errands before heading to church.
Costco & Sam's trips are routine, and since we had been to Sam's earlier this week, Costco was due for a visit.
leggings / target // boots / old navy
This was the first time we've taken the girls to children's church  since we started potty training - I brought about 18 pairs of extra panties/pants in case we had an accident, but I was SO elated and proud of my girls for making it through the service in the same outfit I dropped them off in.
headwrap / sweet t designs // sweatshirt / kid & kind 
Sunday was amazing.
Going to church on Saturday nights makes for super duper lazy Sunday mornings. We came home on Saturday night to a porch full of happy mail-day items.. including this Twin Mom mug.

A couple weeks ago I chatted back and forth with Alexis of Twinkle Twinkle Lil' Jar to design the most perfect mug for my coffee obsession.  The font, the glitter, the size and shape - she nailed it.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee | Pumpkin Spice Candles ...
..and Pumpkin Walnut Pancakes.  These have zero recipe to share, as they are directly out of a box we picked up from Costco on a whim (and will be going back to purchase several more before it is gone).  It is actually Pumpkin Bread, but pancakes are so much more fun, don't you think?

I did take 547 pictures, tho.  So, I'll probably share at some point soon as a WE EAT post or something.
..more coffee.
Shortly after the littles went down for nap, it was time for football.  Football Sunday is where it's out, folks.  Jordan and I are in a 'pick 'em' league, which makes watching that much more fun.
The girls napped nearly through the entire game, but it still didn't mean we couldn't get them dressed to support our 'Boys.
wraps / ruby blue 
Mid-day I switched to Pumpkin Ale.. as I'm not totally sure coffee would be the best selection of pairing with my chips and queso lunch (Football Sunday, ya'll)
Dinner was ready in a zip, thanks to the easiest recipe on the planet:  Pulled Buffalo Chicken Sliders. My little helpers did plenty of tasting while I attempted to pull the chicken around baby fingers.

Crock Pots do their best work on the Day of Rest.
Bath, and new jams (part of the amazing mail-day we had this weekend) rounded out the evening.  With a little snuggle sesh while watching the end of The Lorax before bed.
jammies / baby Gap

Can we start over?  Just take me back.  I love these kind of weekends.

How was yours?


Photobucket

8 comments:

Becky M said...

I love your headband in that first pic! Your girls are too cute! I am a twin myself, and she is my best friend in the world! Your girls already look like the best of friends!

www.madeintheshadeblog.com

Lauryn said...

Uhh I'm so jealous of your good weather. It's still in the 90's here! Hasn't stopped me from stocking up on pumpkin coffee and beer and "pretending" tho ;)

Ash. said...

your hair!!! do a hair tutorial. Its always so dang cute.

Klein Dot Co said...

Oh my gosh I'm in love with the FALL-ness of all these pics!! You are gorgeous in the first photo - right down to that yummy PSL and oh-so fall nail polish!! And the match-matchy outfits for the girls? Priceless! Happy September!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that mug! I think i am going to get one! I have an obsession with collecting anything #twinmom! Also, wish us luck, we are doing the 3-day potty training method in two weeks! Eeek! Hopefully ours will go as flawlessly as yours!

Jenn said...

mama, I have some serious hair envy! You are just the cutest!! And could your cowboys fans be any cuter?? Not possible.

Lessye said...

Ahhh! I love weekends too! The pictures of your girls are too cute, as usal ;) And I second a hair tutorial! Do you use a curling iron? Wand? Super cute 'do.

Unknown said...

Fun! Your hair is sultry, for sure! So cute. And I've got your buffalo sliders on our menu this week. Can not wait to try them :)

Pin It button on image hover