photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.24.2014

Birthday Wishlist | 30 Years

it is happening.  whether I am ready or not.  the big 3-0.  
less than 4 days.

should I be more stressed out than this? honestly, I haven't thought about my 30th birthday (in this way) until this week.  I'll no longer be in my 20's and be approaching 40.  
now, theres a thought. 
Jordan has me beat to his 30's by nearly 3 years.  I asked him last night how it felt to be that close to 40, and he let me know his thoughts exactly about that question with one fell swoop of his eyes.

this birthday feels like any other birthday.  as in, I have a list of things a mile long, that most of which will probably carry over to a Christmas list, that I save up for purchase to special occasions like my birthday.  do I actually neeeed any of this?  
nah.
well. The slipper socks would be nice.  and the pumpkin candles go so well for the fall season. 
and I really need that tote.  I really do.  

last minute shopping is always welcome, folks.   

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6

I am really on the hunt for a 'Mom' bag.  my diaper bag is overflowing these days - even more so now than when I carried a zillion diapers and changes of clothing for fear of a baby blow out.  snacks, books, {panties}, sippy cups, mini forks and spoons {I always have a set of these for some reason..}, books, toys.. the bag hardly fits over my shoulder - and when a tiny hand(s) reaches up to hold your own, and the mega-bag comes tumbling down, you think twice about that lean.  MK has amazing and spacious totes, but the hubby pretty much vetoes me out of every one due to the price tag.  doesn't stop this wifey from adding it to her list.  any of you ladies have a 'mom' bag recommendation??  
throw and go.  I have a bag for I use everyday for work, my purse, and then there is the diaper bag.  so I usually have some kind of small clutch or my wallet to just throw in there and and go.. I need an upgrade.  my phone doesn't usually fit into the clutch very well because my wallet isn't exactly tiny, and then you add in a couple tubs of lip gloss -  at least 3 times while we are out and about I'm requesting for Jordan to call my cell phone because I've lost it in the mega bag.  I need an all-in-one.
3 > Slippers | Lemon Slipper Socks
I wear socks all year round.  I have a weird thing about my feet - they are my least favorite part of my body (if you got a close up you would understand), and socks keep this anxiety about them at bay.  During the summer I stick with the thinest ankle socks I can find (I usually get them in all sorts of fun colors and designs for like a buck at Target), but in the winter there is all the more reason to bundle up.  OFTEN - and I mean always and forever - I steal Jordan's hunting socks (they are huge, thick, stay up about my legs, and most importantly, keep my toes toasty), and OFTEN - and I mean always and forever - I run holes into them.  Slippers are bulky, but I have a pair that I love love love (I got them off GroopDealz last winter), but they don't stay on my feet very long because I don't feel comfortable laying around in them.  They are too much like shoes to me.  I found these slipper socks that I am dying for this season!  They would be perfect for wearing over my favorite pair of leggings, and flexible enough to be comfortable in on the couch tucked under my legs.
I just realized I wrote a detailed paragraph about socks.  if you didnt know, well now you know. 

4 > Makeup | Urban Decay Naked 3
I have Urban Decay Naked 2, and LOVE it, and the newest pallet has the perfect fall colors - warm golds and rose.  really, I wear those colors all year round.. but they are most beautiful in the fall.  makeup (and jewelry) is always the perfect gift for me - so I usually try and include something of my favorites for lists like these.
5 > Pumpkin Everything | Bath & Body Works
HAVE YOU SEEN the new BBW Pumpkin Cafe line for the fall season?  oh. my. word.  I have been drooling/dying/swooning/loving all of the different flavors and smells of pumpkin.  last year for my birthday (and the year before that) I received 8-11 candles.. all with the original Pumpkin Cupcake smell, and all have been burned.  actually - a single Pumpkin Cupcake candle is burning through the last couple of inches as I sit here typing and drinking my pumpkin spice coffee.  all things pumpkin.  obsessed. Bath and Body do well on most all of there home and body fragrance collections, but what they have done with pumpkin (pumpkin pecan waffles, ya'll) is out of this world.  
I've blogged before about my personal organization preference (HERE) and I'm a self professed techy and lover/obsessor of my phone calendar.  I put everything in there- mainly because I need it for my sanity, but also so that Jordan can keep up with all he has going for our family and himself, too.  but there is something to be said about putting things down on paper.  if you look into my work bag right now, there are three notebooks.  two of which I received as a gift at The Hundred Event (and cannot bring myself to stop carrying them because they are just so amazing), and one I picked up in the school section at Target because I couldn't pass it up.  it has gold polka dots all over it < justified.  why do I carry these notebooks around..  one is my prayer/bible journal, and the other two.. well I don't have a reason for those.  I write out my grocery lists in these spirals every week, I meal plan in them, I jot down ideas for work, I organize my thoughts for the blog.. names/numbers/addresses are randomly skewed through these mini spiral notebooks.  I'm a list maker, idea jotter, OCD individual that although I am in love and use my phone calendar everyday, I can't stop-wont stop using paper.  here is where Erin comes in. her life calendars are amazing.  have you seen them?  you've seen them.  thats the thing.  I've only seen them. I've never actually gotten one for myself- but this is the year.  an all in one notebook/list keeper/address holding/calendar to organize my jumbled twin-mom thoughts into one place.  part of the reason why I carry around several notebooks- I never know which I need to reference!

there.  my 30th birthday wish list.  we do have plans for my birthday.. Jordan and I are going to dinner and a concert tonight, Bree (BB) is cooking us dinner tomorrow night, and we are celebrating Supper Club on my actual birthday (Saturday).  There better be bundt cake.  I don't do cake, but I will totally house a Nothing Bundt Cake.  and that is our Supper Club go-to for birthday celebrations - white chocolate raspberry. great.  now I want that for breakfast.

what is most important about turning 30 for me?  and every year after that.. 
I get to spend it with these little girls and their daddy - our sweet Gent.
celebrating my life with the ones that have made it so good.    
headband / headbands and lace // sweatshirt / loved by hannah and eli 
although I have a list up there of wants {not needs}, I am so richly blessed and honestly, honestly don't need a thing.  my cup is so overflowing.

Photobucket

9 comments:

The Yarbrough's said...

Happy {early} Birthday!!! I turned 30 in April. 30 hit home with me....I just feel old now. lol Ever since 25, I've been dreading the big 3-0. I know I shouldn't look at it that way...there's alot of people that don't even make it. It's just another year, right?! :)'

Mary-Keith Piasecki said...

Happy Early Birthday! I hope you have an awesome time with your family! You look amazing and not a day over 25! Your birthday wish list is amazing and I wish I would have consulted it before my own birthday! I am trying to do the math but I think you have September 20-something birthday too. In which case that is just the BEST time to have a birthday! I love your blog thank you for sharing your life! - Mary-Keith

Mary-Keith Piasecki said...

Happy Early Birthday! I hope you have an awesome time with your family! You look amazing and not a day over 25! Your birthday wish list is amazing and I wish I would have consulted it before my own birthday! I am trying to do the math but I think you have September 20-something birthday too. In which case that is just the BEST time to have a birthday! I love your blog thank you for sharing your life! - Mary-Keith

Mary-Keith Piasecki said...

Happy Early Birthday! I hope you have an awesome time with your family! You look amazing and not a day over 25! Your birthday wish list is amazing and I wish I would have consulted it before my own birthday! I am trying to do the math but I think you have September 20-something birthday too. In which case that is just the BEST time to have a birthday! I love your blog thank you for sharing your life! - Mary-Keith

Ashley Sanderson said...

Happy birthday!! The Erin Condren planner is my life! I absolutely love it! Hope you enjoy your special day with your sweet girls and Jordan! :)

Jenn said...

Happy early birthday, pretty mama! I am burning the BBQ pumpkin sugared donut as we speak and omg. So yes, you need those. And I have a similar tote (but it is Tory Burch) which I use as my "diaper bag" and love. So yes, you need that. And the EC planner? I have faithfully used one for the past 4 years and will never go back. I have to write everything down on paper. I never use my phone calendar. I'd be lost without my planner. So yes, you need that. xo

Erin said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it's a fabulous week of celebrations! I'm only 6 months behind you, coming up on the big 3-0 in April.

For Christmas I cashed in all my Santa money and treated myself to the Fossil Sydney Shopper tote and LOVE it! Pretty similar to the Michael Kors :) Always plenty of baby things in there with my own essentials.

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy J said...

Happy Birthday! Great list :) I bought myself a year and half Erin Condren life planner as a late Mothers Day gift because I didnt want to wait til January. Still getting used to using it and having it with me all the time. I think I need to find the perfect bag to go with it ;)

Pin It button on image hover