photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.14.2016

We Eat | crock pot beer chili

there is nothing more that I love about fall than warm soup on a cool evening.  well, this weekend we had a taste of cool weather (82 degrees!!!) and I was excited to whip out my favorite recipe for beer chili, dump it all in the crock pot after getting home from church and lounge the afternoon away while watching Sunday's football lineup.
best part is that this recipe is HA-UGE and we had dinner for Monday night, too:)  

I'm a big fan of chicken sausage, and if you happen to go back through my recipes you'll see that its basically the only kind of sausage I'll buy.  my local specialty grocery store (market street) makes their sausage in house and it is YUMMY.  I made a stop through their after church (because the weather made me do it) and they had this chipotle chicken sausage- yes!  its like they knew I was coming!!  I bought six links because I was being overzealous and prefer this to ground beef..so.. this chili ended up quite meaty!
all the veggies!  smelled like a great big bowl of fresh pico de gallo. again- being overzealous with the garlic.  I freaking love garlic.  so I always add much more than a recipe calls for, even if it does suck to mince garlic. nothing more tedious that mincing garlic, but its worth it.  
so worth it..
da beer.  
I used a pale ale called revolver which is made by the same company that makes blood and honey (which is my faaaav right now).  just before I added the beer I stirred in the seasonings and veggies- which included a dry packet of spicy ranch dressing.  I didn't have onion powder, as called for in the original recipe, but I had that hanging out on my shelf.. so I figured it might only make it better?
it did.
top it with lots of cheese, sour cream, and more peppers!
crock pot beer chili 
adapted from home made interest
lbs lean ground beef
1 lbs ground sausage (remove from casing)
I used chipotle chicken sausage
2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
5 garlic cloves, finely minced
you can use more or less, but we looooove garlic!
1 white onion, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
1 packet spicy ranch dressing
like the hidden valley brand
12 oz pale ale beer
2 (15oz) cans of diced tomatoes
2 (15oz) cans tomato sauce
1 tablespoons olive oil
Garnish with Cheddar cheese, sour cream & green onions
--
brown the beef and sausage over medium heat in a large pot. drain.
add olive oil, onions, garlic, bell peppers, jalapeño, poblano pepper to your crock pot stirring to combine.  add drained meat, pale ale, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, ranch packet, and paprika to the pot and cover.  set to LOW for 4 hours or HI for 2 hours.  
top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and green onions!

we loved this with broccoli cornbread- I've been making it for years from my mother in law's recipe and I did a quick search on pinterest and found the exact ingredients HERE!  its so delicious, my friends:)
happy crock potting!!! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This looks delicious!! Here in Wisconsin it has already dipped into the 60's on a couple days (PRAISE!) so crockpot recipes are always appreciated. One questions, what size and type of crockpot do you have? Mine is on its last legs and with two boys (almost 3 and almost 1) we go through pretty much an entire crockpot full of chili in one sitting with no leftovers. I'm willing to make an investment if it will last because if they eat like this now, it can only get worse the older they get, haha! Thank you! You always have fabulous recipes to add to the rotation : )

Unknown said...

Omg! This is the best chili I've ever made! My husband especially loved it because he's just not a bean fan and he was so happy I finally made chili without them (subbed andouille chicken sausage because I had it in the freezer) what a huge hit and it was seriously easy! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

REVOLVER ❤️

Unknown said...

I made this last night for a group of my friends and it was a huge hit! The cerveza adds a nice touch!

Pin It button on image hover