photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.26.2016

mama confessions II

one. I havent cooked a real dinner in a month (or two!?!).. unless you want to count that ONE time I threw a bunch of stuff in the crock pot and called it homemade. we've been eating a lot of cereal.
#sorryjordan

two. when I sent out my birthday invites for the surprise announcement/gender reveal party I addressed myself as turning 33.  Auntie had to text and remind me that I'm only turning 32.  who does that?
three. my kids occasionally put me in my place.  and I try SO HARD not to laugh about it.
Jolie told me what she wanted to watch on television (Mickey Mouse) and then changed her mind (apparently) while I was finishing breakfast for Baker.. 
me: okay!  mickey mouse it is!
Jo: no mom. I SAID Paw Patrol!
me: oh!  sorry I missed that.
Jo: no.  you weren't listening very well, were you? Mom, I told you and you were doing something else instead of listening to me.
me: ...
--
after swatting parker on the leg and sending her to time out after she punched Jolie in the face (literally) over a toy she wouldn't share.. she waled from the "time out" corner in the hallway "you don't just HIT PEOPLE, MOM!!"

four. I've become slightly obsessed with Fixer Upper. on a chip and jojo high the other night, at midnight, I applied to be on the show.. living in Waco in a 1000 square foot home with 3..err.. four kids is completely doable.  they make it look so good.  and easy.  Jordan will kill me.
  
five. I'm an emotional wreck and completely irrational when I'm pregnant.  I cried my eyes out the other night watching Keeping Up with the Kardashian's.. Kylie's lip kit restock was SUCH a success and her site didn't crash!  I literally cried. bawled for her. over lipstick. 
see also number four.

six. Jolie had an accident in the bed one night recently.. I told her it was okay, threw down a towel and went back to sleep..

seven.  the dog tinkled on Parker's bed the next night in excitement as we were getting everyone in bed.. I threw down a towel and remembered I never changed Jojo's sheets from the night before. oops!

eight. my housekeeper is absolutely amazing.  the most wonderful woman on the planet and we make sure she is well aware of how much we appreciate her.  I would give up my cell phone (for reals) to keep her if it came down to it.  she washes and folds every ounce of laundry/sheets in this house when she comes every two weeks on Tuesday.  on Monday night I spend the entire evening putting away the laundry she folded from two weeks ago.

nine. Parker + Jolie LOVE to sing. love it. and they always want us to sing with them! Jesus Loves Me and ABC's are the number one request,  but randomly they've started asking to sing Jingle Bells.  well, Jordan refuses to sing "because its not Christmas". Parker got so upset the other night because we wouldn't sing Jingle Bells, so Jordan started singing You are My Sunshine as we were pulling into the Starbucks line to order.. apparently we serenaded all the Starbucks employees wearing a headset because when we stopped singing they picked up where we left off.  
tears were rolling down my face in laughter!

ten. Baker has started following me around waving her finger when I'm curtly directing the twins to stop doing backflips off the couch.  like she's sticking up for them or sassing them like her mama.
what am I going to do with her?

eleven.. the size of this bump here at 14 weeks makes me slightly nervous for the growth to come.

13 comments:

Candice said...

I love these. I can relate to each and every one. Your totally normal!!

Laura Darling said...

I am CRACKING UP at your emotional response to Keeping Up With the Kardashians. So funny!! And that's too much about the Starbucks employees singing! Have a great week!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

The Starbucks singing is killing me! I love it.

Brittney Hjelseth said...

what a fun post- you know all us mamas can relate to so much of it!

Ashley Brickner said...

You are too cute! Love this post!

Juliana said...

I love chip & Joanna!!! I seriously wish I lived in Waco! I'm in San Antonio and want to purchase a fixed upper just so they can fix it up !

Mandy said...

Your kids are so cute! My son is 1.5 and already so sassy, I'm worried about the level it'll raise to when he can actually talk in sentences haha. I'm pretty jealous you live close enough to apply for Fixer Upper. My dream home is 100% farmhouse but we live in Iowa so we'd never be able to be on the show ;)

Cassie said...

Love it!

correen b. said...

This is too funny :) I love your honesty! I'm 33 and I can't for the life of me remember my age without having to think about it. Glad I'm not the only one:) Happy Monday!

Amanda McNutt said...

Hi Amber! I have been reading for a little over a year now! I thought you would get a kick out of knowing that I am now following you (again) with my second pregnancy. I had my first in September (my daughter Daphne Marigold) right after Baker was born and I just found out I am expecting again! Likely due at the end of May. I love following your pregnancies and births! So fun!!!!

Dakota said...

Haha I LOVE this I literally laughed out loud! And I totally understand your fear with the belly but it is SO cute! So excited for you mama!
<3

Ashley Elizabeth said...

You have me cracking up here. I just read this entire post to my husband. We both enjoyed it and can relate!!!

The Girl who Loved to Write said...

I am laughing so hard at you crying over lipstick. The hormone struggle is real!

Pin It button on image hover