photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


4.20.2015

Texas Blues

It is amazing how much change there can be in just one year's time.  Looking back to the pictures we snapped last year when the girls were just a couple month's past their first birthday, well, comparably they look like teenagers in these pictures.  It has been super wet/rainy and not optimal for picture taking in a random roadside field - but I was determined to carry on our bluebonnet tradition that started last year.  
Driving to a birthday party last weekend we passed a small patch of bluebonnets that was just right up the street from our neighborhood.  It was small- but it was FULL.  I was so overly excited that it wasn't 'too late' and they hadn't all been trampled.  With a busy week ahead, we made plans for Saturday morning after breakfast to take the short trip up the road to get into that field.  
 They didn't hate it - and were actually having fun playing out in the beauty of the weather that was Saturday.  Jolie was pretty freaked out by the flowers last year, and this year tolerated them well. 
This picture makes me laugh.. only because I feel like I am looking to the future of picture taking the twins.  
If thats not a 'sister pose' if you ever did see one..




Do bluebonnets have a smell?  The girls took  their time to take a whiff or two here and their as they ran through the flowers.


 Parker looks like a giant in this picture - but I can assure you that just about 2 inches and a pound or two doesn't fit the image at all.  Sweet Jo Grace is really petite, but standing next to her sister (who is standing closer to me and on higher ground) she looks extra teeny.

 ..and I'll leave you with a pouting Jolie for a few giggles.  This girl and her accessories.  I made her leave the sunglasses in the car and it was devastating to the toddler heart - clearly.
NEXT year the littlest sister will find her place right there in between - so crazy to think..
But I just can't wait!

headwraps // shelby chic boutique (parker) + s.a.k. threads (jolie)
overalls // old navy
crop bubble tops // s.a.k.threads
moccasins // hello moccs
Bluebonnets 2014


Photobucket

6 comments:

Lavakels said...

Any opinion on these moccs vs freshly picked??

Amber Massey said...

Lacakels- Love them! The leather is slightly thinner, but overall great quality. We have several pairs from Hello Moccs.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot get over their precious and perfect modeling. LOVE the boho outfit you put them in - it all goes together so beautiful! I just now you will treasure these. (and I love the way you edited them!) Gorgeous girls!

Unknown said...

Amber, I stumbled upon your instagram not long after my last miscarriage and right after your littles were born. My husband and I and our 12 year old daughter love your blog and your little growing family. You are an amazing mother and may God Bless you and yours!!!

The Grills said...

Oh my goodness! Too precious! Where is this at?

The Grills said...

Oh my goodness! Too precious! Where is this at?

Pin It button on image hover