photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


4.06.2015

Easter Shenanigans 2015

Its amazing how much can change in just one year's time.  
This weekend in celebration of the Easter holiday means more than it ever did before.  
We lost our sweet baby on Easter Sunday last year.
Parker and Jolie were just months over a year old.
..looking back at pictures from last year, it was a bittersweet time, but the thankful heart that overwhelmed me nearly to tears in the Sunday morning church service brought it all full circle.
I feel thankful in general for all things that have been given for me but the reminder our pastor gave over the weekend was almost a slap in the face.
I am often more thankful for the creations.. and not the Creator.
Without even knowing it, God prepared my heart to accept my own selfishness as I was reminded over and over of this simple concept throughout the entire weekend- not totally understanding what it all exactly meant - my heart continued to grow thankful and appreciative leading up to this very statement Matt shared on Sunday morning.
In one year God taught me so much about myself, the importance of my relationship with Him, and most of all - to be thankful for what He has created for me.
It's funny how teachings we all think we hear over and over, out of the same book that is thousands of years old, can still throw a wrench in our daily gears to make us sit up a little straighter and take note as to what God is teaching me here.
It was one of those sermons for me. 
He always seems to work that way, huh?
He's got that perfect timing thing down, for sure.

Sunday S T Y L E 
We woke to a rainy Sunday morning - a cold front had come through, but it wasn't going to stop me from going all bare legs for my Sunday attire.  I am pretty sure this was the first time in years that I actually thought through what I was going to wear to church to celebrate Easter.  It is always SO much fun to think about these kinds of special events - but dressing my kiddos has taken precedence over planning something for  myself.. so it was nice for something new to adorn the bump.   
dress c/o white plum // necklace / francesca's // bunny ears / old navy 
The church was packed and the girls were starving, so a family picture right after service wasn't going to happen.. so Jordan snapped a couple of just the girls after we got home (not before enjoying a sucker they snuck out of my bag).
 shoes / moda spana (similar)
My ideas for holding both babes seemed so much better in my head.. and this picture makes me laugh (out loud) because it is basically written all over my face the mistake that was holding them for a semi-decent picture.  Attempts to balance a nearly 60 pounds of Parker and Jolie just doesn't seem right at all.. especially when I have zero center of gravity in my 25th week of pregnancy.
..this was probably the better route to take in the first place..
 
The B A S K E T S
The plan was to make our way to the Massey's house for a late lunch (Tim and Teresa and her sweet parents were there, too!), but we ended up stopping on our way to grab the girls something to eat simply because they were not going to last without a nap for much longer.  
I swear they are growing like weeds right now - we had to wake them after 3 1/2 hours so we could do fun things like Easter baskets and egg hunting!
Growing up, Easter baskets were rarely anything but candy for days.  One time I think I got a little stuffed animal - but the PEZ dispensers were all the rage in my house.  Now, as a mom, seeing Easter baskets filled with toys and toys and more toys for kiddos Parker and Jolie's age it was hard for me to refrain myself from going all Christmas morning on them.  
But then.. I realized.  They are two.  Stickers, bubbles, and plastic bracelets rock their world right now.. so there you go.  I even went so far as to purchase a $3 tumbler with a straw from Target.  
They were over the moon!  
 The H U N T
Just before we woke the girls up from nap, Jordan and I went out to the front yard and 'hid' a handful of eggs for the girls to hunt.. since we totally failed at the egg hunt last weekend (you'll only make the mistake of showing up late to one of those things..once).  Thankfully the rain had stopped earlier that morning, and the ground had dried out just enough so that it wasn't a muddy mess to be out in the yard.
I thought for sure it was going to take a little more than a refresher from last year for them to grasp the concept.. but oh-no.
They were pros. 

They split up nearly immediately on a mission to hunt some sparkly eggs.  Gah- Jolie looks like a teenager.  I can't believe how much has changed- I am obsessed with her perfect little independent personality.  This age and starting mini-traditions is really so much fun.
..not pictured here is their mother, basically rolling around on the ground attempting to get amazing action shots of this 'egg hunt'.

Jolie Grace didn't need my help at all whatsoever - but sweet Parker stayed close to daddy while she gathered her eggs to load her basket.  
Somehow or another she convinced him to hold her basket for her. 

The G O O D S
Their favorite 'toy' of the day were these eggs - opening them over and over made for some serious entertainment value.
The candy inside proved to be even more of a reward.

bunnies + baskets
Auntie had gotten them some nail polish and Minnie Mouse chapstick in their Easter gifts.. and those ended up in the eggs, too!  I had to figure out a way to not load my girls down with all the candy - because I knew they would be eating it all the moment they had the opportunity to open up those eggs.
bow / mismar designs // tunic + pants c/o matilda jane via trunk keeper: #887  // moccs c/o freshly picked 


SUCH a fun weekend.  Between Canton with a couple of my favorite people, hanging the reclaimed wood wall in the nursery (more on that later this week!), a birthday party, and the Celebration of Easter - my hear of full on this Monday morning.
Happy Easter!  He is risen.  He is risen, indeed.

DONT FORGET!
White Plum is offering a discount code special for my readers!
 Use code AMBER24WEEKS for 24% off your entire purchase through 4/10/15
My dress for Sunday (not maternity) is found here.. is already a great price before the discount.
Don't miss it!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

They are the cutest :) Looks like you guys had a blast :) Happy Monday
Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love their sweetness!

Laura Darling said...

It looks like such a great day! I love everyone's outfits!

Pin It button on image hover