photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


3.27.2014

We Eat | Breakfast Oats

Breakfast rut.

Story of my life right now.  Typically when I meal plan, I really focus on lunch and dinner because the girls usually eat the same things every morning.  

Until this week.  

This week they decided they aren't really into the 'regulars' {waffles and peanut butter; bananas and Cheerios; toast and fruit} so I pulled out the big guns.  Big guns would be referring to whole grain oats.

Whole Grain Oats {1/4 cup}
All Natural Peanut Butter {1 tablespoon}
Brown Sugar {1 teaspoon}
Sliced Bananas {1/2 banana}

I've made this on the stove as well as the instant oats packets (original).  No matter how I've made it, I always add a splash of whole milk to cool it down - speed up the temperature cooling rate for serving it to my hungry and impatient little birds.
We are still really working hard and mastering the fork and spoon.. and the whole concept of a plate and bowl.  Parker has seemed to pick it up really quickly, but then again, Parker often resorts to dumping out her food in its entirety to her tray before eating a single bite.  

I think we've found another favorite!  I made sure to make it a tad thick so that it was easy to get on the spoon {and actually make it to their mouth} 

 Totally in love with that 'oat-faced' smile. 

Any go-to toddler breakfasts in your house?

I'm all ears!

Photobucket

8 comments:

J Dubs said...

My girls love sausage crumbles. Just pop them into the microwave for a few seconds and they are ready.

Tiffany said...

We mix cinnamon and bananas in with the oats. So good!

Tiffany said...

We mix cinnamon and bananas in with the oats. So good!

Samantha said...

Smoothies are huge at our house. The fave is chocolate almond milk, peanut butter, banana, yogurt and ice.

Laynah said...

I remember sidney from the daybook saying that she snuck veggies in her toddler by way of quiche in the morning! who can say no to quiche??

The Yarbrough's said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm gonna need to try this with our rugrats. :)

emilyanne said...

My little one has eaten cottage cheese almost daily since she was about 1. She is now 2 1/2. When she first started I mixed it with fruit purée (to use up what I still had that she didn't want). Now she eats it plain and then has a muffin, toast, breakfast bar or some fruit. It's by far far her favorite breakfast!

Unknown said...

My girls LOVE {organic} eggs! It's definitely a regular in our breakfast routine -- usually paired with some whole grain waffles.

Pin It button on image hover