photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


5.16.2017

peaceful sleep with owlet baby care

I am so excited to be teaming up with Owlet Baby Care to share about our experience with this amazing monitor and explain a little more about how it works!  it has seriously changed the way we (all) sleep at night! of course, with a new baby come sleepless nights, and the middle of the night cluster feedings is not what I’m talking about.. it’s the worrying through the night if my baby is okay.  in Jordan’s line of work he has seen many unfortunate situations and he is on high alert through the first several months with a new little one- he wakes at the smallest sound or grunt or movement that the baby makes!  when I was pregnant with Brady I discovered the Owlet Smart Sock 2 and I shared with him the technology of this amazing product and he and I both were SO excited about it!  

I thought that maybe since Brady was baby number four that I (and Jordan, too) wouldn’t experience that same worry that filled my brain during the night in our first few weeks (and even months) home with the twins and even more so with Baker. well I was wrong, it was for sure still there and with each child it seemed like I was getting more and more anxious.  
with Brady, this anxiety started while we were still in the hospital.  he had a few drops in his oxygen levels because of silent reflux episodes.  he woke me one night, at 2 days old, hitting the side of the hospital bassinet with his little arms as he was gasping for air.. talk about terrifying.  since we have been home I constantly check him during the night and luckily we haven't had any episodes, but my peace of mind comes from the Owlet. its completely changed our sleeping game.
this tiny sock fits perfectly around little man’s foot while he sleeps. it’s very soft and he doesn’t seem to notice at all when he's wearing it- even fits easily under his footie pajamas! after using it the first night, both Jordan and myself were able to confidently fall asleep between feedings and sleep with ease. we will take what we can get to be as well rested as possible for another day of crazy with four babies, ya know?!

this magic sock it is definitely a MUST HAVE for every new mama.. as well as second and third time and in my case, fourth time mamas! while Brady sleeps, the Owlet Smart Sock 2 tracks his heart rate and oxygen levels with pulse oximetry- its the same technology as the little red light they clip on your finger at the doctor's office.  the Smart Sock 2 is designed to notify you if your baby’s levels fall out of the preset zones and sends the information to the Owlet app on my phone and to the base station sitting close to where we sleep.  if something outside of the present zone is ever detected the color of the base changes and it plays a loud song to notify you. 
there has been a couple nights the sock has lost connection when I’ve gotten up to change Brady’s diaper and Jordan has even gotten the notification on his phone while he's been at the fire station. the app is really amazing because we can see a live feed of Brady's readings that are being tracked, even when Jordan isn't home!
I’ve gotten a lot of questions about our experience with the Owlet Smart Sock 2 and if you are on the fence I strongly suggest you climb right over:). if your anything like me and worry about your baby when they sleep this would be the one thing I would invest in.  I don’t think you can every put a price tag on something valuable like this. 

photos by bfaith photography/ thank you Owlet for collaborating on this post 

1 comment:

Nicole A. said...

As someone who has no current need for this product, given what I've read about them (here and other places) and the hindsight of knowing the amounts of anxiety I had when my girl was tiny, I would have bought one of these in a minute. $300 is not nothing, but the amount of times I used to wake up just to check on my daughter, I absolutely see the value in it!

Pin It button on image hover