photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


5.24.2017

Brady Jordan | 2 months

the days and weeks are going way too fast for my liking, but oh my goodness its been the time of our lives!  big Brady is 2 months old, officially 9 weeks this week, and he has changed SO MUCH in the last month!  we went from a sleepy newborn to the most social and happy little baby ever!  
its definitely been a transition into having four babies in this house, but as Brady has gotten a little bit older and a little more easy going (i.e. not being held 24/7) life has gotten much more enjoyable.
he is totally the most popular person in this house.
Brady brings everyone so much joy, including myself.. about once a day I lean down and smell his sweet baby head and think oh my gosh I have a BOY. so surreal but so freaking awesome.
Over the past two months I’ve laughed, cried, yawned, and laughed some more – this boy is seriously HILARIOUS.  I know every mom (and dad) thinks that their child is OMGSOCUTE, and I'm no different over here.  I doted over my girls and now with this ine- he totally melts our hearts and hung our moon.  don’t get me wrong, this has also been the most challenging two months of my entire life. it’s been tiring, stressful, and down right HARD (hello, four children.) but the good has outweighed the difficult and exhaustion, by far
with a face like this, how could I not feel like the luckiest mama in the world?
felt letter board // crib sheet // henley sweater via mac + mia // harem pants c/o // knit paci clip c/o
we went to the pediatrician this week for Brady's 2 month check up.  the scale confirmed that my child loves the boob and is growing at hyper speed.  he gained 2 pounds since our last visit and I am positive its all in his cheeks + that adorable frog belly.  he also grew an inch in length!  he's doing great developmentally, and put it on display with ear to ear grins and happy coos. after posting a video of a noisy nursing Brady on my IG stories, I had several mamas commenting about their experience with this kind of sound when their baby nursed.  after mentioning it at our appointment, the pediatrician confirmed that he does have laryngomalacia.  nothing to be concerned with at this point because he only makes those noised when he nurses, but now that we know what it is, we will keep our eyes and ears open for any changes. we also bumped his reflux medication to a higher dose since he had such a jump in his weight! after bumping his meds last month he is a completely different baby.  since we got that under control making him more comfortable, and in the mean time he's tummy and esophagus has grown and matured a bit more his reflux isn't nearly as terrible.  he's now taking 1.75mls twice/day of ranitidine (similar to Zantac).
Brady at TWO months
Weight: 11 pounds 14 ounces (51st percentile)
Birth: 7 lbs 4 oz
Height: 23 in (50th percentile)
Birth: 20 in
Head: 39.4 cm (34th percentile)
Birth: 34.5 cm

 hamming up for Dr. Melanie!  and Baker was on stand by with the paci in case he needed it.
such an awesome big sis!

E A T
oh, we love to eat!  breastfeeding continues to go well for Brady and me.  he's pretty much like clockwork when it comes to nursing- every three or three and a half hours during the day.  I really try hard to keep on that schedule because it ensures that he's getting enough during the day so he doesn't try to make up for it through the night!  the other day we were out and about running errands and he went almost 5 hours between feedings..and sure enough he woke at 3am hungry that night.  typically he's nursing around 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm.. and then between 9pm and 10pm right before bed.

P L A Y / D E V E L O P M E N T
this boy!!  his little personality has exploded over the last month!  giant smiles, the happiest eyes, and he's this close to letting out a little chuckle.  he coos so loudly and screeches in excitement- he loves to be talked to and the moment he locks eyes with you the smiles start.  seriously my most social baby ever!  Baker didn't giggle until she was like 6 months old and here we are with this giggly little boy and I'm smitten!  he's started to be more active with his activity bar and batting at the hanging toys and really focusing on things that are further than 10 inches from his face.  you can see his brain working in his eye gaze, processing and thinking through what he's looking at.  he has started to recognize his sisters faces and daddy's voice, and off course his mama's smell- I love it!
he is also tracking really well, and loves to be up in the bouncer so he can watch the girls and their crazy antics all day.  I am positive he has wide eyes 90% of the time those girls are running around.  

S L E E P
brother is a terrific sleeper.  once we made it over the reflux hump and turned that corner for comfort he's been sleeping like a champ.  he takes three really solid naps during the day.  first one is around 10am in the morning.  when he's up at 7am to nurse he usually stays awake after he finishes eating. the next is around 2pm and lastly, he will usually sleep long enough in the evening after the 4pm feeding to get us through dinner and bed time with the big girls (whew!!). about three weeks ago he started falling asleep about 9pm and sleeping like a rock before I would wake him to feed him again at 11pm.  at the time he was waking once or twice a night to nurse.  I decided to experiment and see how he would sleep if I put him down around 9-930pm and that night he slept until 7am the next morning.  
I woke in a panic that my child had just slept like 10 hours straight.. 
is he breathing?!  yes.  did I just get 10 hours of sleep?!  yes.  okay.. over it:)
we also have a solid bedtime routine these days.
9pm: bath soak- usually about 20 minutes, bathed in lavender soap (we love Tubby Todd!) 
9:30pm: out of the bath, rub down with lavender lotion and into our jammies!
9:45-10pm: nurse + bed
he sleeps really well until about 6-7am every morning since we started to follow this bedtime routine, and putting him down earlier.  
for now he's still sleeping in our bed in the dockatot.  he LOVES the dock and so do I.  we also swaddle him with his arms out- his preferred way of swaddling, just the same as his sisters before him!  we usually keep the babes in our room until about 4 months of age.  I'll probably start crib naps next month before we go to the crib full time.

up until this point I have been basically winging it - 2 kids, a bossy toddler and a newborn have had me up in arms a time or two and honestly worrying about a strict schedule was not something I had time for.  But, a schedule has proven to be an awesome change for Brady. 

B R A D Y 
oh, buddy.  we love you so so much.  I never in my wildest dreams thought that having a baby boy would be so amazing.  Brady, you are the sweetest most snuggly little thing ever..
time is absolutely flying by and I am so conflicted by my emotions surrounding it! my heart hurts + explodes + overflows as each and every day you seem to grow another inch and gain another pound- moving further and further from the tiny baby newborn we brought home from the hospital. at the same time, I am overwhelmed with excitement as we are beginning to see your little personality come to life and its so much fun!
you have become a baby! a little person! a little man!  your facial expressions are killer! I am well aware that I am in so much trouble when you realize that you can use that little smirk to manipulate your mama (and sisters, too)! when you concentrate your eyebrows scrunch together and you make the most serious face and in the same moments you'll bust out with the sweetest little smile- those little eyebrows lift and those dimples appear - your mama has been blessed with a fairytale life full of all the girly things, but she didn't know this level of happy until she met you, Brady boy.
you have become quite the wiggle worm- moving and shaking all over the place as you have found your legs and arms.  you have also become so very strong with your head control and will sit so contently on my shoulder and just watch the chaos that explodes with your three old sisters running laps around us.  you're filling out size 0-3 month and three month size clothes and out growing your sisters at this age by a ton.  I am loving it so much- because your cheeks are just the greatest of all time!

we love it more and more every day, Brady!  as each day passes your daddy and me find it easier to manage life with four of you kiddos running the house, but couldn't imagine it any other way.  this month you've experienced a ton of 'new' and firsts - time is going so fast and I'm trying my best to soak in every moment with you while still managing to keep up with your big sisters.  Parker, Jolie, and especially Baker absolutely adore you and try every which way to help.  you are such a great sport about it and even with the smothering of kisses you don't seem to mind.
you are our favorite, little man.

2 MONTH PHOTO DUMP
























5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! What a chunk! He's only got a few days but already two pounds on my little one! So happy to here you're enjoying and thriving in the chaos. :)

Kourtney @ www.themartinsandthemarines.com

Laci said...

He is just the cutest baby ever!!!

Stang&Co said...

He absolutely could not be any cuter. Your words brought tears to my eyes, maybe because I am a boy mama myself. I think a lot of ladies have a hard time imagining that boy bond, but it is stronger and more amazing than I ever could have imagined. You are so blessed with the little family you have mama!

Brandi Jo Little, Author said...

He has the best facial expressions ever!! He is just so darn precious. Happy two months, Brady!!

stephemcdonald said...

My little 5 week old has laryngomalacia too. The sounds she makes when she refluxes has caused complete sleepless nights. Zantac is starting to help but its so scary! He is just adorable! Being a boy momma is the best! Boys love their mommas and are so cuddly. My 2 year old is still the sweetest momma's boy!

Pin It button on image hover