photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.23.2012

Baby Shower | Ahoy, It's a BOY!

While Parker and Jolie seem to be on the brain for my sweet friends, we could not forget about the most special male addition to our group; Diana's little man, Jacob!  We decided way back at the beginning of our pregnancies that it would work out best to celebrate with both showers on the same weekend.

The following day after my Sugar and Spice shower, we switched gears from frills and bows to blues and boats for Diana's Ahoy! It's a Boy! shower.

Special thanks to Kelley Strout Photography for capturing these special moments. 
Diana and Chris decided on a nautical theme for Jacob's nursery, so it was a no brainer when we were deciding on decor. Chris' brother-in-law handmade these beautiful blocks for the shower- that could easily go in with his nursery after.
For Sweet Jacob
The party favor was foam soap from Bath and Body Works.  Who doesn't love foam soap?  And, may I mention.. those little tags were tied on each bottle neck by me.  Bed rest prevented me from shopping for decor and such, but I can tie a mean bow, thats for sure.
Sips AHOY!
The food spread.  Again- how much do I LOVE shower food? 
We opted for a brunch meal to serve our guests: tea sandwiches, assorted mini muffins, yogurt parfaits, quiche, and pastries.  All good things for the belly, you know. 
These were my favorite for presentation
Time to eat!
The dessert table.  We chose to do cup cakes rather than a large cake (I'm a fan of the cup cake!) 

Jacqueline happens to be an exceptional baker/decorator.  She made these precious cupcakes! I do believe hubby Travis did some helping, too.. They turned out so good!
The guests filled out Dear Jacob cards for Chris and Diana to read through..
Time for presents!  We requested that in leu of a card that the guests bring a book with their gift to start Jacob's library.  Look at all those prezzies!!  That girl was set after this shower:) 
There was a great turn-out that afternoon.  Guests absolutely adore Diana!!!  Who couldn't?  
She is one of my most favorite people in the whole world.
Diana's Hostesses
Ashley, Jenn, Diana, Me, Jacqueline, & Chris' sister, Alexis 
 I adore these girls:)  
Excuse my scarf.. doing weird things.
It was SUCH a fun, FUN weekend to celebrate our new additions.  Landon will have his hands full with all his new pals to play with!  It was so special planning this day for Diana's and I'm very thankful for these sweet girls.  The shower was a success and so super duper cute!!

Diana and I are both 35 (going on 36) weeks. Just a few more weeks before Jacob arrives!!  
Cannot wait to meet him!  

1 comment:

Diana said...

Thank you, Thank you! Everything was so perfect, it was a wonderful day. Love you!
PS. I always have problems posting comments on blogs, hope to succeed this time. I was unable to do it on Jacqueline's blog =(

Pin It button on image hover