photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


8.09.2012

20 Weeks


How far along? 20 Weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: Let me stand corrected.  At our 20 week appointment on Tuesday my OB informed me that I had only gained about 14lbs.  I must be losing it somewhere, or my scale at home is VERY wrong.. (Pre-pregnancy weight: 110lbs-112lbs.)   I am still all belly.  I feel like I am bigger everyday.  The past two weeks I have really seen (and felt!) the crazy increase in belly size.   
Maternity clothes? Full maternity. I am loving my maternity wardrobe.   I have fallen in love with the pure comfort of clothes that fit (and show off) my ever growing bump.  I took advantage of a sale at Gap this week and hooked myself up with a couple more of those lovely Pure Body Tanks.  I have a shopping problem- yes.  But these will be so great for layering when the colder weather hits.  Seems so far off seeing that it is 100+ everyday right now.
Stretch marks? None at all.  I received the coconut oil I ordered last week in the mail- and have decided I really like it!  It is super moisturizing- I use it all over after a shower, and again every night before bed on just my belly.  Not greasy at all- and soaks into my skin quickly and leaves no residue on my clothes- even on my PJs when I put it on and go to bed. 
Sleep: I have been reading on message boards (via the many iPhone apps) about women that sleep with 8 pillows..and some even complain that they have to sleep sitting up.  All I can think is how can these women need 8 pillows?  Why is it necessary to sleep sitting up?  Well,  as of this week, I totally understand.  I am still (trying) to get into bed by 9pm every night.  I'll sleep until about 1:30am-2:00am and wake up uncomfortable and needing to pee (duh.) After I get up and do my business, I cannot seem to find a comfortable position to fall back asleep- I'm up for a good 2 hours or so before finally falling back to sleep.  I also am only comfortable sleeping with a pillow under my belly, and one supporting my back.  I forsee I'll be needing more... soon.  I even told Jordan this morning that I might be more comfortable sleeping sitting up.  Sad day.
Best moment this week: Jordan has been obsessed with feeling to girls move.  I mean obsessed.  Every day, every night, every chance he gets he puts his hands on my belly in hopes to feel some movements.  Last Friday night we were laying in bed and as usual he had his hand on my belly-waiting patiently to feel something, anything from one of them.  I was halfway paying attention, eating cereal and watching the olympics when baby on my left kicked so hard- moving Jordan's hand out of place.  We both burst into laughter- neither one of us expected that.  It was so hilarious- Jordan kept demanding my silence so he could maybe feel again, but I couldn't stop giggling.  It was so cool. 
Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night.  I used to look forward to bedtime- but these days I kind of dread it because I know that in a couple short hours I'll be awake again trying to get comfortable to fall asleep.   
Movement: All over the place!  I feel Parker (baby on my left) more that I feel Jolie (baby on my right), but the sonographer told me that Parker is more anterior, and easier to feel than Jolie.  I can feel Jolie, but not all day long like Parker.  When do either of these babies sleep?  They were so very busy during the sonogram- it had Dixie (the sonographer) laughing out loud. 
Food cravings: I still eat dry cereal every single night.  Fruit (Pink Lady apples, red plums, strawberries, purple grapes, and a banana) and (6oz) plain Greek yogurt are on my regular lunch menu- and by regular I mean daily. I've been mixing strawberry protein powder and wheat germ into my yogurt so that my lunch is somewhat substantial for these growing little ones (now that is a dieititan thing to do, now isn't it?). Still craving Starbucks Passion Fruit Tea.  I've been wishing for one on a daily basis.  Ice- still cannot get enough.  I'll suck down my water really quickly so I can hurry up and eat the ice.  I only want ice that has been sitting in a drink for a bit, softens it up.  Probably good for me so I don't break my teeth before the end of this pregnancy.  I have dentist appointment next week- hopefully he wont make me quit me new habit. 
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Still sufferring from dizziness when I get out of bed too quickly.  I'm also not at all able to lay on my back- not at all.  I get so light headed, dizzy, and nauseated.  It is so bizarre.  Laying on the table during the sonogram on Tuesday, I ended up having to lay over on my left side because I thought I was going to either pass out or throw up all over the place. Not fun.  I have a feeling that is what wakes me up at night- I feel pretty yucky anytime I get up to go to the bathroom. 
Gender:  Confirmation yesterday that, yes, in fact, there are still two sweet girls in my belly.  We found out so early (at 13 1/2  weeks) with the perinatologist that they were girls, but yesterday Dixie confirmed that she was right.  Well, thank goodness- we have been planning for nothing but girls!!
Labor Signs: Nope!  Although after measurement of my belly on Tuesday, my OB nonchalantly said "Your body thinks you are at 25 weeks, so if contractions start, that is okay."  Wait.  What?? Hold on a second.  She meant Braxton Hicks, but still.  Don't freak me out like that, woman. 
Symptoms: Dizziness- blah.  Insomnia- yeesh.  The congestion I've complained about for a couple months is much better this week.  I'm still hungry most of the time, but I never get the 'empty' hungry feeling- my belly is so full and feels that way all the time. So, if I'm not careful I'll get super hungry and my tummy will end up pretty upset and screaming for food.  Regular meals and snacks are in the works for me.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  After 'passing' our 20 weeks appointment with flying colors I've been beaming since.
Looking forward to: Moving into our new home and getting ready for the months to come.  During my hours of insomnia I 'day dream' about what the house will look like when we finally move, and the finished product of the baby room- that consumes my thoughts the most.  I can't wait! It will be so precious, if I do say so myself:)

Here are a couple of the sono pictures from our appointment.  Both girls are developing really well- their heads, brains, hearts, and organs look great- and there was fluid in their bellies (amniotic fluid) which is good, and means there is no blockage somewhere.  With each scan of the girls we got to see the four chambers of the heart and Dixie pointed out the bladder, kidneys, and tiny little ribs.  Parker weighs in at 11 ounces (always been a bit smaller) and Jolie is 12 ounces and right on track for size based on my true due date of December 26th. 

Baby Jolie is on the right and Parker is on the left with her little legs crossed.
During the detailed scan of Parker, Jolie had to make sure we weren't forgetting her, either. She kept whacking Parker in the head.  Apparently she can't be left out of any pictures of Parker alone:) 
A real concern for woman carrying multiples is the length of the cervix.  I have gotten a sonogram every time I go to the doctor mainly to measure this.  The weight of more than one baby makes it difficult to maintain that cervical length through the optimal time of pregnancy.  My OB desires for at least a 2.5.  At 20 weeks I am currently measuring a 5+.  Praise!  She is pretty humorous- jokes around a lot with me- and told me she 'hates me' for being so perfect.  I am so thankful for that 5+ number!  Even with good standing, I am going back in 3 weeks for another sono to check measurement, and then I'll start going every 2 weeks for check-ups, and then every week.  My next appointment will be after I'm already homebound- and that is simply insane to think about.  My third trimester is right around the corner!  Hard to believe- but I am excited to meet them. Jordan and I have been so blessed through this entire process- easy pregnancy, minimal concern, babies are beautiful, and my doctor is pleased with how well I am carrying these two. 

It doesn't get much better than this- at least until December when they (hopefully) get here:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sweet bundles of joy! You are so blessed and I am so happy for you guys! it is a true blessing to carry god's precious gifts. Cherish these moments. I do have a question and if you could inform me of your great doctors. I have what is called (uterus didelphys) where I have double uterus. I was blessed to get pregnant and to carry my sweet boy till 33 weeks. He was delivered as a preemie and was in the NICU for 4 weeks. He is two now and is doing great. But in the mean time, my great doctor retired to stay home with her kiddos, therefore left with no great doc. I am very nervous about trying again and delivering early again. Just seeing if you could or would recommend someone great for me.

Thanks!

Meredith said...

All three of you look so great! And 14 pounds makes MUCH more sense--I couldn't figure out where you were hiding those 6 extra pounds. :) Also, have you heard about the Snoogle pillow? LOVE IT. It takes a bit of time to get used to when you're getting in and out of bed 40+ times, but it's been a lifesaver for sure. Congrats on a perfect appointment!

Pin It button on image hover