photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


7.13.2012

H54F 7/13/2012


Here we are again- Friday!  I can't believe this week has flown by me, again.  This week was no exception in being a good one.  I've been having plenty of great weeks- but what can I say.. Life is good these days. 
1.) We started our week with fun times with our Firefighter Family for Sha's Annual Fourth of July Pool Party.  Always a fun day (12+ hours of fun, actually), and firemen and their families come, sometimes not having seen them since the year before.  Love seeing all these faces!  Loads of kiddos come along as well, and Sha hooks them up well with the blow up slide.  I do believe my own fireman slid down this thing once or twice.  Oh, how I wish!
2.) Finally finding the right colors for our baby girls' nursery!  I searched long and hard, and finally was able to come across the perfect fabric and colors for the baby bedding.  LOVE.
3.)  Quality pool time- this week's cooler weather has kept me in my suit and close to the water (93 degrees is MUCH cooler than 107.  Thanks.)  I wish for more weeks like this.. especially as my belly continues to grow.  May I add something here..?  The Keratosis pilaris on my legs is gone.  Like GONE, gone. I didn't have really all that much on my legs- but as I've gotten older I've noticed more and more patches on my legs.  My arms are/were the worst.  It is a hereditary thing, but pregnancy has completely cleared up my arms, too.  Seriously smooth.  I make Jordan feel how smooth they are- I even tolerate his eye-rolling after the twenty-third time of making him feel. My smooth arms (and legs) can be a high five themselves, here. 
4.) LOVING the new look of our blog!  Thanks SO much Andrea! She doesn't even have to consult me now when she does things for me/us.  Several years in a row she has done our Christmas cards, birthday invites, Valentine's day cards, and not to mention multiple blog makeovers.  Love working with her!  She makes my life prettier:)

5.)  I love getting mail.  Good mail always brightens my day (hint to any of those that posess my home address- feel free to send me some snail mail if you feel led to do so).  You may remember, I got notification a couple months back about my winning a recipe contest for my Zucchini Pesto with Shrimp & Farfalle.  I was part of my High Five back in May.  Well, this week I recieved my special copy of the August/September issue of Taste of Home's Simple & Delicious, featuring my winning recipe.  It looks awfully pretty to me! 

Have a High Five?  C'mon... It's Friday- something went well for you this week, I'm sure!  Link up every week with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk

2 comments:

Maureen W. (Maryland) said...

I love, LOVE, L-O-V-E the color palette/fabric you selected for the girls' room! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Another thing we have in common (besides PCOS): my H has KP. Pregnancy might be the only cure - what a bummer for him! XOXO

Anonymous said...

i love your blog header. it's witty and it shows how much you love your family. it's really great how your hubby poses for the photo :)

found you in h54f and is following you via GFC now. i hope you can drop by my blog and find something you'd be interested about. :)

love,
jen @ whyyyjen.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover