photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


7.12.2012

16 Weeks


How far along? 16 Weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: 15lbs.  (Pre-pregnancy weight: 110lbs-112lbs.)
Maternity clothes? Full maternity for the most part.  Repeat outfits are already happening, and if you know me well enough this pretty out of the ordinary.  But when something is comfortable, it's what I'm gonna wear, over and over.  The Gap Pure Body Side Ruched Tanks are a favorite as well as my (hand-me-down) Target Liz Lange yoga capris.  You can see me wearing these two together more often than not.  The tanks are good for work and lounging at home.  So cute on, and I like the way it makes my tummy look.  I'm actually wearing a navy one under my yellow sweater in the belly picture.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: Still in bed early on most nights.  It's becoming more regular, even when Jordan is at work. 
Best moment this week: We spent some serious pool time with our Firefighter family over the weekend to celebrate the 4th (on the 7th).  It was fun to see all of my wifey friends- none of them had seen me since my new found curves (well, just one curve actually..) One of the girls just about made my day within the first five minutes after a welcome hug: "Girl, you are still so tiny and you are 16 weeks!"  Thank you.  Thank you very much.  (I'll always accept comments like these..)
Miss Anything? Margaritas.  There was a rather large margarita machine at the party this weekend.  I literally gawked at every person walking by me with a 'rita in their hand wishing I had a really, really long straw.  It was 104 degrees and I wished nothing more than to have a frosty drink.  I stuck with my ice water in a Solo Cup to match everyone else laying by the pool enjoying their adult beverages.
Movement: No!  Boo.  My doctor told me at my 16 week appointment on Monday that I should be recognizing feelings of them move soon. 
Food cravings: Dry cereal (Cascadian Farms Chocolate O's or Fruitful O's and Life Original ), Fruit, Plain Greek Yogurt (Oikos and Fage), Cheetos Puffs, and anything salty.  Last night I woke up STARVING at 2:45am.  I laid there for 30 minutes before I decided I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep unless I had something to eat.  Dry cereal did the trick:)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Chicken, although it successfully made its way to my plate twice this week!  The second time (last night) didn't do over so well with my tastebuds, but I was able to pick around it.)Sweets are another thing that I'm not too fond of lately. I'll eat them thinking I want them, and then feel yucky soon after. 
Gender:  Still have them girls in there. 
Labor Signs: Nah.
Symptoms: I feel pretty good this week, no realy complaints.  I feel like I'm starving all the time (hence the 3am snack.)  Headaches come and go and congestion rears it's ugly head on a daily basis. 
Belly Button in or out? In- although my 'never-ending' belly button isn't so never ending anymore.
Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or Moody most of the time: Quite the happy girl these days.  Still to thankful to be SO blessed.  I can see God's hand in my life on a daily basis.  So awesome.
Looking forward to: Beginning to build the nursey of our dreams:)  We think we have finally found  the crib(s) and the colors for the baby bedding.  We searched this past weekend through multiple stores and online for both.  I've been looking for the perfect colors to have the bedding made for weeks and was out of luck until Friday night I found someone on etsy that will make all we need in the most gorgeous colored fabric.  Perfect colors for what I'm looking for in the nursery!  

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Nice to "meet" you Amber! I'm so glad Jacqueline connected us! First off, you look absolutely gorgeous (and yes, very tiny too)! Glad your pregnancy is going so well. :) I read your last post about the path to get to where you are now and loved it--what a fantastic story (not a fun start but a beautiful and highly worth it ending)! Mine is similar in some ways and different in others--I guess I should post about it too. :) And I don't know if this will make you feel better or worse, but I didn't feel the babies until 19.5 weeks. I was starting to get nervous because it seemed like everyone else felt their kid(s) around 17-18 weeks. Since then, they have NOT stopped kicking so it's one of those "be careful what you wish for" scenarios. 99% of the time I love it but those 3 am party sessions wear me out. :) Good luck to you and I'm excited to keep up with you on here!

A Wedding Story said...

They will move soon enough...and then they won't stop! I felt my baby starting around 17-18 weeks and it felt like twitching inside (think like when your eye twitches). By 24 weeks I could see movement through my tummy and by 30ish weeks I could put my cell phone on my stomach and watch it move all around. SO cool!

Ashley D said...

Love love love - you look precious bestest.. miss you!

Pin It button on image hover