photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


8.07.2009

In the Heart of the Hill Country

Jordan and I just got back (literally!) from one of the most relaxing 'vacations'. We wanted to take a trip, but didn't want to fuss with other tourists..passports..planes..etc, etc. SOOO, we took a mini-roadtrip to Fredericksburg- in the heart of the hill country as they call it. We left on Monday and stayed until today (Friday) at a bed and breakfast there in downtown. We stayed during the week, so, we faught very little crowd and missed the hustle and bustle of the weekenders. It was nice! Here are some pics from the week of Jordan..and me..and me and Jordan :)

Our B&B: Lauren's Loft of Absolute Charm

Our OH-SO-Comfy bed!
Dinner- August E's
Tuesday was Thai Tuesday..is it impolite to ask for a 'To-Go' box at a fine dining restaurant?
Maybe so..the waiter kind of gave us a 'Are you serious?' look..
Oh, but we did, and enjoyed each bite of the leftovers the next day!!!
On Main Street trying to walk off dinner..before homemade ice cream!
Main Street- shoppin' it up!
One of my favorite Tea Rooms- The Peach Tree
I love visiting here when we come through town
On the front porchDinner at Pasta Bella- awesome italian food- probably our favorite place we visited. GREAT Alfredo sauce
At Rather Sweet Bakery- this place has been written up in the greatest of culinary magazines and recognized numerous times for Rebecca Rather's many delicious creations. It was a treat for me to visit and pick up some of her confections for the road. They had just finished breakfast and were setting up for lunch..the case wasn't full yet of her yummy desserts. Before we left, they brought out the 'saucer-sized' cookies!! Talk about googley eyes!!
Just outside of town is the Circle E Candle factory. I LOVE THESE CANDLES. We had a good time smelling all of the flavors..and finally picking out some to bring home. I can't really find these many places..its hit or miss in Canton (Trade Days) and there are a few boutiques that have them, but not this many!!! ALL four walls were lined with the different kinds. I only burn these in my house (usually). What can I say, I'm a candle snob.

So, now we are home, after a great trip. We will be returning again..this time around Thanksgiving/Christmas to witness what the locals raved about for their holiday celebration. I would really reccommend taking the short trip down to the Hill Country- it is so beautiful! Now..time to relax before I start my internship on Monday!! EEK! ;)
(Really..I am so very excited!)

1 comment:

Sam said...

awwww....it looks so sweet, cozy and romantic, my kind of vacation as well if we cant head to the beaches of Jamaica that is, but it does sure beat all that traveling! Good luck Monday! You will be great!

Pin It button on image hover