photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


2.10.2009

My Unexpected Vacation

My sweet friend Emily unexpectedly called me a couple weeks ago with a 'favor'..Her husband had a last minute work project come up and was unable to make it for their cruise that they planned with her family months ago. She offerred for me to take his place and be her hubby for a week on a cruise ship. How could I decline this fantastic offer?! So, last minute plans came through and I left for a week with one of my best friends and her family..Mom, Dad, and her sister and her sister's husband. Jordan took the week to be lazy after finishing up Paramedic School, so it worked out. Although I did REALLY miss him, oh so very much! The vacation was very interesting! The first day was rainy and so we were pretty much held up inside the ship, watching movies and hanging out. The next day was sunnny in Cozymel, where we went to a park called Xel Ha. It was absolutely beautiful there and we had a great time snorkleing, watching dolphins and eating authentic Mexican food. So delicious! The next day was Grand Cayman. It was really windy, but we made the best of it with shopping and lunch at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. The next two days were sort of scary! The boat was tossed around the ocean like a bathtub toy! We did not get to stop in the last port, Jamaica, because of the high winds and the danger of getting into shallow waters. This boat was enormous, with about 3,000 people on it, and you could not walk up and down the ship without holding onto something, a railing, or anything in reach. That should tell you something about the strenght and speed of those winds and waves. Needless to say, the ship was passing out 'Seasick Bags' to anyone needing one, and I was one of them! 2 days of rocky and choppy waters and wind and rain. No fun! The last three days were beautiful and we made the best of it with lots of sun and bathing suits :)
Even though I had a blast with my good friends, I still missed my sweet Jordan SOOOO much. I was sad everytime I thought of him, especially when I was needing someone to hold my hair!
Here are some pictures..I put them in a slide show since there were too many to post :) ENJOY!





No comments:

Pin It button on image hover