photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


9.01.2008

Labor Day Weekend!

I love long weekends!! This past weekend, Jordan and I decided it would be a fantastic time to go and visit my family in Austin. My dad works for Radisson Hotel and Suites on Ladybird Lake in downtown Austin, so we stay there for FREE everytime we visit. It is such a nice hotel, and we feel like VIPs when we visit, because they always say "I see your room is Comp, let us know if there is anything we can do for you, Mrs. Massey." So, we drove down after school/work on Friday night and got in kind of late, so we both hit the bed early..we were so tired after a long week! Saturday we ate breakfast at the hotel and then went to visit with my dad. It was nice to see him..it had been since May at my graduation. Saturday night, my dad took Jordan and I to this super cute little Italian Restaurant called Taverna. It was delicious! We had the authentic Caprese Salad, and I tried their signature dish Fiocchi al Gorgonzola e Pera, which is a Gorgonzola & Pear filled Pasta with Walnuts, Arugula & Dolce Latte Cream Sauce. Sounds very different, but it was delicious!! It turns out there is one here is Dallas and in Fort Worth!! Anyway, after dinner we had Gelato, at a place that is also located here in Dallas! Paciugo Gelato was the perfect ending to a yummy italian dinner. I had the Three Vanilla and Sea Salt Caramel mixed. YUMM-O! Sunday was ate at the fabulous Whole Foods Market there in downtown, and shopped around a bit, and then headed to Round Rock to the Outlet mall there. We picked up my younger brother Patrick and went for an afternoon of shopping. Overall, it was a great weekend with my family, and I am so glad we got to go for a mini vaca. It is always nice to get away sometimes, even if it is just for a few days.
The Whole Foods in Austin is AMAZING!!! It is about 5 times the size of any around here (Austin is the headquarters) If ever an opportunity, go there!!
A few pictures of the store..doesn't do justice at all, but just wanted to share!! :) Me and my not-so-little-brother, Patrick. He just turned 17..and he is HUGE! I am on my tip toes! I didn't want to be wedged in his arm pit! haha!
Patrick is starting for Stony Point High School in Round Rock..He is kind of a stud if you ask me! He's on bottom..tackling his opponent.
Here he is again..Number 80 getting ready to run..
Me and the Hubbs.. My gelato was melting!! Great shot Jordan, Thanks.


Photobucket

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover