photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


6.09.2017

breastfeeding in style

probably the number one question regarding fashion and my personal style has become "is that breastfeeding friendly?" or "do you have a favorite place to find stylish and breastfeeding friendly clothing?"
my initial answer to these questions has always been nope- I just wing it and make it work, ha! BUT as I've become more seasoned in my mamahood..and just keep popping them out, I've found it to be more important and easier to wear clothing that is breastfeeding friendly.  too many times I'm having to cut food at a restaurant, fix a ponytail, and even catch a flying hand to prevent one from hitting the other-  and too many times I've flashed whoever is within the vicinity- my apologies to all of those strangers that have witnessed my very own Janet + Justin moment. except WAY less sexy.
sunnies c/o (use code AMBER25 for 25% off!) // top c/o // white denim // booties (similar)
 clothing for women that are nursing has changed tremendously over the last several years. hidden zippers (I loooove these dresses!), secret slits in the side of a blouse, easy pull down necklines, and basically anything with buttons are your BFF. 

 I've also been known to wear a t-shirt with my postpartum leggings - pulling up my shirt and being able to hide my stomach is always a plus when nursing, ya know?  but the weather is heating up.. like miserable hot and I'm sweating like a teenage boy playing football just carrying groceries into the house, so shorts and breathable shirts or casual dresses and sneakers are what I'm living in right now! this shirt from Tart Collections is AMAZING.  its not chiffon, but very lightweight and super soft.
diaper bag c/o // aviators c/o (use code AMBER25 for 25% off!) // shorts
one of the items I mentioned in my mama summer essentials post (HERE) are easy breezy dresses- my go-to for breastfeeding in the summer.. because its omg-SOHOTT.  I was lucky to have a pretty mild summer after Baker was born, but its been sweltering since like February here in Texas, so we may be making up for it this year.
dress c/o // sneakers 
its taken me a couple years to figure out how to dress my postpartum body.  something that is nursing friendly and flatters my new figure can be discouraging and stressful!  but know that we have all been there in those moments.
I'm so excited to be able to offer my followers a discount code for each of these nursing friendly looks!
use code AMBER at allette boutique for 15% off your entire purchase.
use code AMBER15 at tart collections for 15% your entire purchase.
and finally, use code MASSEYA at milk made market for 20% off your entire purchase! 

thank you to tart collectionsmilk made market, and allette boutique for providing these outfits and allowing me to share your amazing brands and to Brittany for putting up with me and snapping these photos!
I've linked a few more fun and trendy nursing friendly options!









No comments:

Pin It button on image hover