photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


6.26.2017

Brady Jordan | 3 months

THIS tiny beefcake!  life with Brady is getting better every day.  I swear this boy will never know the value of personal space because there is always someone all up in his grill smothering him with kisses and hugs.  the entertainment value of Brady when it comes to Parker, Jolie, and Baker is priceless.. after all, he is their very own real life baby doll!
we're 14 weeks old today, and while I don't know exactly how much he weighs I swear he's probably tipping the scales at 14 pounds, at least.  he's wearing 0-3 month size pretty comfortably, but 3-6 month is in our near future along with filling out size 2 diapers. his belly is awfully round, but I have to say that this boy is SO long.  when his legs are stretched out it makes him look huge!  I have a feeling we won't be getting a ton of use out of his infant carrier. 

E A T 
Brady remains on a pretty consistent eating schedule, especially now since I've been back to work.  he sleeps and eats and plays around the same time every day.  3-4 hours between feedings is normal, but I would say its probably closer to the 3 hour mark if he happens to be awake. if he's sleeping I won't wake him until we hit four hours since the last feeding.  Brady's eating about 5 to 7 times every day and 3 of those are from the bottle.  I'm pumping while at work and bringing home about 20 ounces every day, so I've been able to freeze some on top of what he will need for the next day.   

the usual 'scheduled' feedings: 6am before I leave for work and then 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm 9pm before going down for the night.  we hit our 3 month growth spurt- and while the day time hasn't been completely terrible, its the nights that have been tough. he was sleeping from about 9pm until 7am until the last week or so.  waking around 3:30a-4am and again at 5:30am and refusing to go back to sleep until he eat AGAIN by 6am.  that early morning cluster feeding business is all over the place- and I'm exhausted!  

P L A Y / D E V E L O P M E N T
we are all smiles.. and he's even let out a tiny baby giggle a time or two.  he smiles in response to anyone saying hello and talking to him in a sweet voice.  he especially loves looking and 'chatting' with his sisters, especially miss Parker Jane. the moment Parker comes near or he hears her voice he lights up and starts searching for her until she gets close enough for him to be able to focus on her.  she scoops him up and pure joy spreads across his little face. he thinks JoJo is totally hilarious and Baker is all over him ALL the time and he's such an amazing sport about it.
Mickey Mouse - Brady is completely mesmerized by the Mouse and will sit in Parker's lap watching TV for a solid 20 minutes.  he's content as long as he's involved in whatever is going on around him.  if its at all possible for an infant to have FOMO (fear of missing out), Brady has a severe case! 
I have a confession to make.. we have slacked terribly on tummy time with B.  he's got awesome head and core control and can be held on my hip without being too floppy and in the times we have laid him on his tummy to play he raises is head up and moves around as he pleases with ease.  I have noticed that he's starting to turn himself to the side when he's laying in the swing or in the dockatot, so I don't think it will be too much longer before he's rolling over.
Other developments..
-hands! he's basically stuffing his entire fist in his mouth.  there is also the DROOL thats coming along with stuffing one's hand in his mouth.  I don't think this related to teething, but more about the fact that he's found his hands finally and he's completely infatuated with them!
-blowing spit bubbles and playing with his tongue!  I'm following along with his milestones on my  Wonder Weeks app.  which by the way, if you don't have this app, you need it.
-mimicking sounds.  Brady totally tries to mimic his sisters and follows their lead when they make the 'oohhhh' sound.  
-he bats at the hanging toys and will even shake his toys that make noise.  we are slowly but surely working on holding objects, but we really need to get him more toys..  the girls like to hand him things and get so excited when he grasps them out from their hands.

S L E E P
I'm feeling pretty lucky that this boy has turned into a great sleeper.  he takes 1-2 long naps during the day - usually about 2 hours in the morning and 2+ hours in the afternoon around 2-3pm.  occasionally he'll take about an hour long cat nap in between either of the two "bigger" naps during the day.  he's falling in line with how the twins napped at this age, whereas Baker always just took one solid nap. if I am home to do so, I'll nurse Brady to sleep, just to top him off in hopes to promote a longer nap:)  we are working on taking naps in his crib- quite literally since today.  before now he's been just napping wherever but mainly in the swing or in the rock'n'play, but its definitely time to get him into his crib, for naps at least!  he is still sleeping in our room in the dockatot, but most likely we will be moving him out in the next month.  I'm not ready to move Brady out, and I don't think his daddy is either.. having him right next to us in the bed is so comforting and  I still wake at night on my own to check on him and its easy to just reach over and rub his head and back when I feel like it.  I love having my boy close. 

B R A D Y
you give me such baby fever little one. I want to bottle you up and keep you in my purse for all eternity!  you have become the absolute LIGHT of our world- and your sisters just adore you- you've hung the moon for all of us and I couldn't be more thankful for that.  I don't even remember what life was like before you came in it.  I mean, I'm sure I was sleeping a little bit more, but who needs sleep?!  you are in your fourteenth week of life, and the last 14 weeks have been such a joy.. even when your mama feels like she's chasing her tail most of the day just to keep up with you and your sisters.  Ive been trying so hard to make the best of the crazy that comes along with adding a fourth babe, and the moment you let out a sweet coo or offer me a huge full faced smile all that goes out the window. you have become one of the happiest babies I've ever met and how lucky am I to be your mama.  I love sitting and snuggling your sweet cheeks over and over.. which makes it hard to ever want to get anything done.  you are the most social little guy and want to be in and around all the commotion and sit wide eyed while the house just gets louder and louder.  
I tell you a million times a day that I think you are HILARIOUS and you just smile back at me in agreement.  you are so playful and sweet and those eyes just say a million words but I only wish to know what you are actually thinking about all of us. 
all smiles.  all the time.
you are so ticklish! I can hardly run my fingers down your back without your squirming.  mama blew raspberries on your feet the other night and I could see how bad you wanted to laugh at me! you haven't quiet figured out the relationship between the tickles and the laughing, but in no time I know we will have you giggling with the rest of them. 

you had a few fun milestones this month! we introduced you to baby Carter as our besties welcomed their second boy to the mix! you guys will have the best time growing up and I can't wait for you to run around and do all the boy things with C and his big bro Grayson!
we also took you out to the ball game again!  you went to your second and third baseball game and you're always the best little date and form of entertainment in between innings and bites of hot dogs + giant tubs of tater tots.
we also got to celebrate your daddy this month- his first Farther's Day with a baby boy! 
you are a mover and a shaker- bouncing your little bootie around as you kick your legs about., especially in the bath!  oh how you love bath time! we usually soak in the tub for about 20 minutes or longer before bed at night and you just lounge in your chair without a care in the world. 

you've found your hands and have them in your mouth 99% of the time.  if they aren't in your mouth they are in front of your face with balled fists.  you have become so vocal and will screech with excitement at anyone lending an ear to your babbles, but also the ceiling fan and especially that little duck hanging from your carseat. my favorite time with you has to be a toss up between your baby naps on my chest and the sweet little conversations we have in between. I cannot get enough of you.  even at 4 in the morning, you still make my heart beam with pride as I study your sweet baby nose and squishy ears and those amazing eyelashes- okay, THOSE LASHES!  ladies pay big bucks for lashes like those, brother! and that amazing olive skin tone you've got.  I could trace your baby nose and chubby cheeks all night.
your mama is quite smitten with you and I'll thank you forever for making me a "boy mom". an experience that is beyond anything I could ever imagine. 
I love you so much, buddy. 
3 M O N T H P H O T O D U M P
























5 comments:

Katie said...

He looks EXACTLY like his daddy in the pink shirt! Adorable :)

Stang&Co said...

He is seriously SO BEAUTIFUL. Those little pictures of him in the towel KILL me. I keep thinking we might be done having kids..and then I see this. ;-)

hollie choules said...

He is seriously so sweet! And I have to ask if you know what brand your faucet is because I loveeeee it and my plumber husband didn't know!

Cassidy C. said...

Such a sweet guy! I had our first baby, about 2 weeks after you had Brady. I remember that you mentioned in the past that he has reflux. Any tips for this new mama? My guy takes Zantac 3 times per day and just when we think we've got it under control, we realize that we clearly don't :/ This week he has started to hate his car seat and he's suddenly stopped sleeping through the night. We have an appointment with our ped soon!

Alison Mariah said...

I need to know how you edit your photos! The vibe is too good!

Pin It button on image hover