photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


11.21.2016

motherhood maternity style | 4-ways

date night.
if "bodycon" were made for pregnant women everywhere..  
I honestly feel slimmer and more beautiful when I am showing off the bump in something form fitting.  this dress is true to size with plenty of give and comfort in the jersey type fabric its made of.  I would totally wear it without the cardigan whereas other dresses of similar style I have seen, for a much higher price, I feel the need to cover my backend or cover up the dress all together:) 
worn with booties or sneakers, this one goes both ways, but for dinner + movie with my man this one is a fantastic and comfortable option.
dress + cardigan (similar) + necklace + boots 




christmas tree hunting
I wish so badly we could get a real Christmas tree for the house.  but for the sake of my sinus cavities we forgo the real thing every year.  even though we don't end up buying anything, walking/running/skipping up and down the aisles of trees at our local tree farm is still the most amazing time, especially with kiddos. and the smell of fresh pine is unreal!  
this kind of outfit is what I call maternity basic when dressing this bump.  sort of my go-to when I think of being "put together" but still super comfortable. I have a huge love of vests and layering pieces during this time of year and have about every style and color you can think of.  its just what I love to wear and finding items I feel comfortable in while carrying around an extra 10+ pounds is important to me- layers are always good in my preggo book:)








girls night
while I don't always make the time to get out and about with my gal pals every week, the occasional dinner (and non-alcoholic beverages) has become a regular occurrence on my list of "me things" I accomplish outside of my day to day as M.O.M.  right up there with solo trips to the Target Starbuck's and 45 minutes getting a manicure- equally relaxing, amiright?  

it is SO tempting to leave the house to meet my girlfriends in a topknot + sweatpants after a long busy day, but I'm always thankful when I take time to get myself ready before going out.  I also love this outfit option for church or for date night and I even might recycle it for Thanksgiving dinner.

t a r g e t run
also known as the momiform..? this is about every single day for me.. but really this photo is SO false.  simply because my hair is down and clean and fixed, although somewhat windblown- ha! truth be told i love love love the topknot but I cant really wear it ALL day long because my hair starts to "hurt" after several hours of being in a bun- anyone know what I'm talking about?
totally beside the point of this last outfit.
the most comfortable over the belly leggings and a cozy sweatshirt is my kind of outfit.  
I love the three before, but I saved the best for last:)
bag + hoodie + leggings + sneakers (super old) + sunnies



a GIANT thank you to motherhood maternity for their gracious sponsorship and to stephanie rose photography for her patience + outrageous talent.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Yes! I cut all my hair off when my little was 6 months because keeping it up 24/7 hurt! Now I'm in the awkward grow out ohase. Haha.

Brittney Hjelseth said...

what a fun post! I always with I could wear real clothes more, but then in reality I always go for the momiform. no matter where I'm headed ;)

Unknown said...

You are too cute!stumbled across your blog and just love all the stuff you have. Super super cute maternity outfits. I'm 31 weeks and definitely don't have anything that cute! Time for a shopping trip.

Unknown said...

Great outfits!!! I was cracking up at your hair comment. I say that my hair hurts to my husband all the time after a day of having it up in a too-tight top knot and he looks at me like I'm a nutjob!

Pin It button on image hover