photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


2.23.2014

Sunday Funday

Sunday Funday has a totally different meaning these days.  Our days of day-drinking by the pool and getting our tan on is all but over.  Don't get me wrong.. Sunday Funday is still- FUNday.

For sure.

I've been letting the girls play on the back porch with the door open while I clean up after their lunch meal.  The weather has been beautiful and they love the outside- getting them out for a half hour or so everyday provides a great break for momma and happy girls going into the evening.

Not to mention, we have to pay a visit to our favorite outside friend..

head wraps c/o {Instagram shop} ShelbyChicBoutique
Daphnee is our 4 year old Brittany Spaniel.  She was purchased with my hope of being a (calm) indoor dog.. and Jordan's hope for another hunting dog.

Jordan won.

Without any prompt from me she leaned in and gave that sweet pup a smooch. Daphnee is so gentle with them, but is still a little too hyper to let her loose around these littles.

They love this girl.  And she loves them the same.
Next stop: the big red wagon!  You knew this was coming..  


Two little birds.  One ball. 
 You do the math on that.. 
 SO sweet and innocent. 
 What you can't see/hear is the angry eyes and screaming over said ball.
 Give me the balllllllll!  
{as I live and breathe.. I'm looking into a mirror with that look on Parker's face.}

Its all fun and games until someone pukes.

Let me introduce to you 'someone'.
My sweet girl.  Bless her little heart.  We came in from being outside- playing hard, hard, hard.  Stopped for some yogurt and a few swigs of water before heading down for nap. About an hour into her nap she moves around and fusses a little.  I check the monitor and notice nothing out of the ordinary. 10 minutes later she's awake again.  Not the norm for my girls.  They are notoriously 2-2.5 hour nappers twice a day.  I go in the nursery to soothe her and check to see if I need to rock her back to sleep and I am met with the worst smell and the most heart breaking scene.

Puke. Everywhere.

In her hair.  All over her clothes.  Coating the sheets, bumpers, mattress.  Puppy was practically unidentifiable.  She had thrown up all over one end of her crib and moved to get out of it and go back to sleep.  Hence the first 'fuss' during her nap.

Afternoon bath.  Pronto.  And never ever, ever, ever again will I eat strawberry yogurt.  

Sweet thing.  I was dying because she was in such bad shape.  Clean hair. Clean jams.  Lotioned up and baby fresh- she was good as new! Her normal happy spirits were there in a glimmer- but still stayed close.  I let her have a water and sit with Parker while she sat and ate a couple Goldfish.  I was hoping and praying that puke incident was a fluke.

I was wrong..  

An hour after the (technically) second mass puke was the third.  She climbed into my lap, handed me her handful of goldfish and blechh.  All. Over. Me.

JORDANNNN

Again.   But this time she didn't get it all over herself.  It was all over momma.  

This is my life.

Again, she proceeded to act like nothing was wrong and played happily per the usual.  Humming and bee-bopping to every tune.  I decided to stick with BRAT foods (bananas, rice, apples (applesauce), and toast) to calm her stomach.  Dry toast and plain applesauce was on the menu.  She didn't touch the toast much, but downed two pouches of applesauce and some water.  She was able to hold that down- thank the sweet Lord.  We didn't offer her the 'bedtime' sippy cup of milk for fear it would upset her tummy.. I took Parker in another room to enjoy her milk in hopes to not upset sister girl too much.

She's asleep now.  I'm sitting here watching the monitor like a hawk.. almost expecting her to throw up at any moment.

We leave for Austin tomorrow- I have a conference I'm attending and Jordan and I decided to make a little trip out of it and tote the little birds along, too.  I am hoping and praying this was temporary and not something we will take with us to Austin.

I hated to see the pitiful look on her face today. Parker kept getting super upset every time Jolie would get sick.  She wasn't sure what to think about all that mess!  In 15 months I have never had to deal with anything like this.  I've been very lucky to steer clear of illness outside of head congestion and low grade fevers.

I guess there is a first time for everyone.  
Welcome to the club, Amber:)

Photobucket

8 comments:

The Yarbrough's said...

awww poor thing!! There's definitely a 'lil bug going around. My little ones have had some sort of cold and I got it too. Then, it turned into massive blowouts out of the diaper. That lasted for several days. It was a.w.f.u.l. Every morning we woke up to a mess...complete mess. I had to wash sheets every single morning. Then one night last week...Bailey threw up everyone. She was fine and dandy just sitting at the dinner table and then all of a sudden it happened. It got all over me...and everywhere else. Unfortunately, my husband wasn't here so I called our sweet neighbor over for help. Thank God that was the only time and she has been better since then. Saying all this....our 2 are 2 years old and we haven't dealt with anything like that until now. It's so hard when your babies are sick and they can't really tell you what's wrong. I hope your princess feels better soon. I totally understand what your going thru...and hopefully the other princess doesn't get it. Thank God...Brayden didn't have the other.

Ashley Sanderson said...

aww you poor thing and poor Jolie! I hope the trip to Austin is fun! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Sarah Tucker said...

This breaks my heart :(

JenniferOleksy said...

Hi Amber! I have followed your blog for awhile and I love it! I had a simlilarly "hyper" dog that I was afraid to let around my baby. But when I started walking her daily, it helped a lot and she became a great indoor dog. Walks make all the difference - it gets the dog's energy out and helps the dog bond with her pack - which is you and your family. For her to be separated outside all day can be very difficult for dogs since they are pack animals. Anyway, perhaps a daily walk with Daphnee could help her become the indoor family dog you always wanted. Wishing you and those cute twins the best!

Becky said...

Hope the bug went on it's way and you all had a great trip - just love the way you always have to have that first puke all over you - never seems to happen to the dads. Your girls can carry off any headband - any color with anything - they are precious. Becky

Unknown said...

poor little lady :( The good news is she looks stunning with those bright blue eyes and lil headband!

Karen said...

You did get christened into the club for sure. It is just one of those mom things. Hopefully she doesn't share it with her sister! I hope you have a nice trip to Austin!

Unknown said...

Oh, no! Hard times for mama and baby :( I dread that first time too when it's middle-of-the-night stripping sheets and blankets out of the crib. So glad that everything passed and y'all were able to still make the trip!

Pin It button on image hover