photo NavTwit_zpsc1rktw78.png photo NavIG_zpsaip8p7oy.png photo NavPin_zpsuu9kgez7.png photo NavBL_zpscv6phppl.png


1.09.2017

weekend top 5

one. kitchen sink stuffed peppers
I made these stuffed peppers last week and they were SO stinkin' easy.. I made another version again using sausage + quinoa instead of ground beef and rice as listed in the recipe below.
 basically, anything you have in your fridge or pantry that needs to be used or tossed is fair game for these peppers.  
--
brown 1 pound of lean ground beef in a skillet with about a tablespoon of olive oil. add in 1 small chopped onion + 3 cloves fresh minced garlic until onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.  stir in 4 cups fresh baby spinach and sauté until wilted down; stir in 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained + 1 cup cooked brown rice.  lastly, add 1 cup jarred tomato sauce and about 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used monterey jack because thats what I had in the fridge!)
fill 6 bell peppers, seeded and de-veined, and cover with foil.  bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes,  remove from oven and top with more tomato sauce and shredded cheese (if desired) and allow the cheese to melt. 
--
such a quick and healthy recipe!
 two. nana + duke's quick trip
my parents came in for a super short visit on Friday night and left Saturday morning.  we grabbed a casual bite to eat at the mall and let the chicks run in the play area and that's about the highlight of the trip. aside from the girls talking abut "manna and duke" for the rest of the weekend.  that makes me so happy to hear them acknowledge my parents outside of the short visits we have.
 three. maternity photos
this weekend was SO COLD. like 30 degrees for the high.  I kept seeing all these social media posts about negative NINE and we are over here in Texas closing schools early for flurries on Friday afternoon:)  Saturday we had made plans to take some maternity pictures, just me and Jordan, and oh emm gee it was chilly!  thankful for the coffee Britt got me to keep me semi-warm! 
the little bits of snow on the ground and the cool air made for some beautiful pictures!  sharing more on that tomorrow, BUT ya'll my favorite Christmas coffee flavors are being phased out and so I ordered the smoked butterscotch latte.. well, I had to make another trip for one on Sunday afternoon because its THAT good.  I am not a fan of sweet coffee at all whatsoever, and this one has just the right amount of sweetness.
 four. lazy sunday
Jordan has been working a couple shifts a week in the ER at a hospital near our house as a medic, and yesterday happened to be his shift- so me and the girls literally did NOTHING all day. 
nothing.

at.all.

until we made a run to grab my prenatal vitamins prescription and a swing through starbucks for a couple of butterscotch lattes and a few chocolate chip cookies.

 five. first lady love
my big girls.  they talk about Brady A LOT.  Parker is such a sweet soul and mentions wanting him to be here soon.  I find random little stuffed animals in his (empty) nursery that she's placed in there and says "brother needs it for when he sleeps, mom"
heart bursting.
Jolie, my laid back baby girl, talks about how big he's getting- my belly is HUGE but "he will be SO cute when he finally gets here". she asks when she can hold him and if he will love her..
heart exploding.
the weekend was good.
I hope yours was, too:)
XO!


3 comments:

Klein Dot Co said...

What darling photos!! I never venture out and try the new Starbucks drinks (I'm such a boring Eggnog latte girl) but I love that you said the Smoked Butterscotch wasn't too sweet - I'll have to see if I can still get it :)

jae said...

amber you look SO pretty on your starbucks run pic!! praying for and rejoicing with you over renewed relationship with your fam!

Mandy said...

I can't believe it was so cold all over the US. It was only in the teens here but that felt warm compared to the negative 30 windchill we had a few weeks back. I'm sure your pictures turned out beautiful!

Pin It button on image hover